My life out in diaries-IV

My life out in diaries-IV

A Story by Mac

 

                Your leave application was never expected to be accepted except when someone related to you died. Just imagine.....to get out of there, someone always had to be killed(If you know what i mean!).

They tried to get us interested in debates, elocution's, quizzes,etc. But nothing ever worked for long there. We were not allowed to bring back eatables from the canteen. One mistake got our canteen card curtailed(Oh YES!!We had that too). Prices had almost doubled and the limit was just 0.75 pence(Note:-The value has been deliberately put out in pence so as to make it sound more effective). How much could you buy?

                There had been instances where guys beat up the housemasters. I salute them, hats off to them. Why were we the ones who were always victims to these alligators? Men fight bravely, but cowards never try. But there are also guys like ‘Hitler’ who succeeded in conquering nations full of these men. There was one here just like him.

                There was a long line of people to read newspapers everyday. After five to six readers, the newspapers would disappear to some offshore place. If we were the ones to take them away, we were blamed for a mighty theft.(Note:-some of them were my antiquities which resulted in fights between sections. Partly due to my medication of 275mg anti-depressants)

                Milk came every night outside the hostel hall. We were not allowed to sit on the steps and drink it except on the last one at the bottom, because we always dirtied the steps(We did.The milk used to flow better than water). Two bowls were also not allowed, even when they never brought spoons.

                We always crashed into the office to ask them to turn on the TV. The response was either a ‘no’ or ‘ask higher authorities’. After reaching the highest authority, the answer was still a no.

It took at least half an hour to finish our own laundry(Even when we just had to give our clothes to the laundrymen). The system was just crap. Just for giving and taking back laundered clothes, much valuable time was lost.

                The air conditioners were always kept working till everyone went to sleep. At one in the night, all of them were always switched off unknown to many of us. To save electricity, they turned all the AC’s off till early morning. Students had to wake up and fight to switch them back on.

Due to my medication, I was sometimes not able to wake up in the morning or afternoon. On the afternoon of 20th September,2012, the same thing happened. I wasn’t able to wake up and was mumbling in my sleep while ‘sir’ was standing watching me. He took me straight to the chief rector who gave me a half hour lecture. He told me a story too, which goes like this:

“A boy and a girl were having ‘nuisance’(that was his word for it) in the dark room of their physics lab. A teacher caught them. They ran away and replaced her water with alcohol. When she was in a light slumber, they went nearer and she caught both of their hands. The boy took out a knife and slit her throat”-At this point you go to sleep.

He invented a boring moral and that was what his lecture was all about. I still don’t understand what that day was about. Was i going to slit the ‘sir’s’ throat or something like that?

© 2013 Mac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013

Author

Mac
Mac

Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India



About
not so simple anymore more..

Writing
APOCALYPSE APOCALYPSE

A Poem by Mac