Chapter IV

Chapter IV

A Chapter by Sarabeara!

 

IV.
            The King rose abruptly from his throne. His face, now a crimson red, seemed to bubble beneath with rage. His body trembled, fists clenched, knuckles white; he grew into a giant embodiment of fury and rage, overshadowing his kingdom and even Langley before him. He bellowed, in his husky voice, “You dare step foot into my throne room and challenge my title as King? I am the supreme! I am the omnipotent! I am the sovereign, the ruler, the leader, and the authority! I am the mighty, the great, the dominant! And you, you skinny little b*****d, dare step foot on my royal grounds? What god sends a toothpick as a messenger? Where is this extraordinary god of yours? You are a disgrace! You are speaking with God; I am the only King you shall follow! Now, for causing such an outrage, you shall suffer my wrath! I show no mercy for those who underestimate my power.” The King sneered at Langley’s appearance. “You are nothing to me. If you will not be loyal to me, then so be it. I wish you out of my sight, forevermore.”
            Knights appeared on the drawbridge, returning from the long journey away from the town that was shamelessly pillaged. They rushed to the King as soon as it was his command. “I want this man in the darkest depths of my dungeon. Feed him as little as possible. I want to play a few games with his god,” the King said, smirking and cupping his hands together, in the most sinister fashion imaginable.
The knights intertwined their arms with Langley’s as they dragged him down the hallway. He struggled, and fought, but knew that he was no match. “I warned you, King. You cannot say I did not warn you! Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.


© 2008 Sarabeara!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful installment.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008


Author

Sarabeara!
Sarabeara!

WV



About
Books: Night of the Hunter, Animal Farm, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Orphans in the Sky, 1984, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Catcher in the Rye, you know, your politics meets sci-fi. I read some.. more..

Writing
childplay childplay

A Poem by Sarabeara!


untitled untitled

A Poem by Sarabeara!