...mirrors...

...mirrors...

A Poem by youngteen
"

the way society effects the way teenagers think about there looks

"

What do we see when we look in the mirror? What is it that is truly there? Is it a reflection of yourself or an edited version because of the lights in the room? When we look in the mirror we don’t look for specific things, we look randomly at the picture in front of us but what do we see, we usually see the pimple or the eye, the beautiful face, or the ugly teeth mirrors do not give you a definite reflection you only see what you want to see which makes everything complicated, sometimes we look for a reason a purpose to believe we attractive or we just want to check if our hair looks great the truth is the reflection we see is never really who we are it is a well thought out pose a capture of very insignificant part of life…….

© 2010 youngteen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really intruiging... I like the rambling feel of it, it's almost a stream-of-consciousness.

I find the font you used distracting, though, it takes a bit away from the writing. Let the words express themselves without embellishment. :)

I know what you mean, too, about how we only see in ourselves what we want to see.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010

Author

youngteen
youngteen

cape town, good wood, South Africa



About
im a gay teenager that recently came out to my parents im 15 years an i write im entering this site just to see if my writeing is any good an to see if i can mayb one day go for it as a career choice more..

Writing
..loved... ..loved...

A Poem by youngteen