His Cassie

His Cassie

A Story by Taylor<3
"

a short story; i made it up when i was bored so yea totally random

"

 

She stood there waiting by the tree, the cold wind blowing her white dress. It was midnight; he wasn't there to meet her. But she had promised to wait, "So we can be together always." he had told her. This was their only chance, the evil count would never let them be together, never. She had loved him with all her heart since the first day she saw him; the day when she went to live with her uncle, Count Emnus. He understood her grief for her parents death, for he was an orphan as well. Her poor parents who had been stabbed to death by greedy merchants eager for her fathers treasures.

David had sheltered her when the Count was angry and drunk, and she was scared to go home. He was her savior in ways, so she waited some more and more until her limbs grew cold and numb she sat shivering under the oak tree where he had carved in a heart "David Loves Cassie". She touched the heart lightly with her fingertips and laid her head against the wood, thinking of the warm day when he carved it how her brushed her hair from her face so gently. That was the day when he asked her to run away with him, "We can be married Cassie, and we'll be together just you and me, forever." The memory faded and she lifted her head from the tree, snow was piled around her feet up to her ankles. She felt sleepy her head was so heavy; she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep for the last time.

The next morning she was no where to be found, buried under the ice and snow she had died in her sleep. Poor David was so worried but he couldn't say a word because he knew the evil Count would kill him if he knew their plan. He searched forever for His Cassie, but she was no where to be found. He finally had to give up and accept the fact, Cassie was gone. Finally spring came and the ice thawed; they saw her there her eyes closed with her head laying on the tree. Her fingers touching the heart another arm holding the tree for dear life. A crowd formed everyone gasped and whispered, but one boy stood in the back and shed a silent tear form his love, his life, His Cassie who died a silent death waiting for him to come.

They buried her beneath the tree where she died in her white dress, she looked so peaceful at last; at last she was free. After the funeral the boy stayed behind sitting beneath the tree looking at the heart she had touched before she died, the one he had carved. If only he could tell her why he hadn't come that night, if only she knew. The Count had tried to have him killed when he saw him leaving town, leaving to go meet Cassie. Now it was forever his fault that she was gone, poor Cassie she had trusted him. He put his hand on her grave, "Cassie love I am so terribly sorry, I love you still, so very much." Suddenly something brushed him he turned around and saw a girl in a white dress. She smiled and nodded towards the heart and whispered, "I waited for you." then vanished into the setting sun. 

© 2008 Taylor<3


Author's Note

Taylor&lt;3
I revised it and added some more detail i hope you like <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an incredible story, sad but an awesome write I too wished it was longer. Nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes, I can. Sad though. I like your prose, your choice of words. I would have liked it more if it was a bit longer. To see if there was more of a back story btwn Cassie and the boy. Or even the description of how old they were so I could imagine the circumstances. I want more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2008
Last Updated on October 20, 2008

Author

Taylor&lt;3
Taylor<3

Valdosta, GA



About
My name is Taylor i'm 14 years old. I'm a Leo. My fave color is Velvet Blue the color of my room. I've been writing poetry for 2yrs. as a hobby mostly. I mostly listed to music (rock/alternative) and.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by Taylor<3


The Begining The Begining

A Chapter by Taylor<3



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Snow Queen Snow Queen

A Story by Daiku Maryu