Emerald Sea

Emerald Sea

A Poem by Poetic Beauty
"

Written for Poetry and Lyrical challenge group. The title was Emerald Sea and the topic was a tree.

"
Drifting away;
On an emerald sea.
Lost in tranquility.

Where the tree branches;
Glide and gently sway,
As clouds flutter away.

A peaceful time,
With glistening rays.
The sun trickles and plays.

Through the green leaves;
To my relaxed calm face.
No love to thirstily chase.

Yearning is quiet,
As the gradual breeze blows,
With a slight stillness that shows.

Mind calm at last
The oak temperately dances
As the sunset now advances





© 2010 Poetic Beauty


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your flow and your rhyme. Great poem. Relaxing and lovely read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Good poem, it's flow and rhythm is nice and the ideas behind the poem are good. In essence it is a well written piece, very soothing and natural. But I can't help but notice that several of your poems lately seem to be reproductions of the same thing. Not saying this to offend you, it simply seems that some of your poems are the same thing said in a slightly different way or tone.

But it is a really nice poem. I liked the personification with "The oak temperately dances". Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A good piece, one which reminds me a bit of one I reviewed earlier. Like the rhymes, and the poem speaks about a peaceful place. Sorry to be so brief, but a good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You really have made this poem flow and really is beautiful to read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


a very neat poem, and it was very soothing to read
loved it:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really loved your rhyming and especially loved the line "No Love to thirstily chase". I think that maybe you could work on your comma use because it doesn't really flow as nicely as it should. If you're like me, you write as if it should be read aloud, but then no one knows how to read it.
But i think that the lyric theme and the rhyming is very nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"As the sunset now advances" truly amazing. Also your title is gorgeous and it grabbed my attention rapidly. Great job!

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


Good job in describing the environment around you. Good job in communication.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The great flow and rhyming add to the charm of this magical piece... this feels like a place you would close your eyes and imagine when you need to get away from real life for a moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

523 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Bleak Desire Bleak Desire

A Poem by r