Chapter 13- Dungeon Boss

Chapter 13- Dungeon Boss

A Chapter by NG-S

Chapter 13- Dungeon Boss

"Julie!" I threw myself on her back, hugging her from behind. I could no longer contain myself. Even though it hadn't been that long I was still feeling withdrawal from not having her around.

"Huh?"

"Woah, Elsa is that you?"

I pulled myself off Julie and looked at who just spoke. It appears Sam is here as well. I should've ordered my serpent to tear him apart. No, that would've traumatized Julie.

"Elsa? Does that mean we were all teleported to around the same location?" Julie asked.

Actually I got lucky in finding her. It's because we're registered as friends. Julie didn't hide her travel history, meaning I was able to teleport directly to her location. When I arrived I reactivated my Humanification and sent my undead serpent to assist her. She doesn't need to know all this, it's easier to go with the story she's concocted.

I nod. "It appears that way. Where is Grady?"

"A worm ate him." Julie replied.

Oh? He's not here? That's a relief.

"Wait, hold on a moment." Sam said. "Where did that giant undead serpent go? It was here just a moment ago and it's too big to disappear without a trace."

Julie instinctively huddled closer to me, not that I mind. "We should stay close. It could come back at any moment."

I removed it, placing it back in my inventory. Maybe I should bring it out again to scare her? She might just jump into my arms and nothing sparks romance like horror.

"We should make our way out of here." Sam said.

Damn, I almost forgot he was still here. So much for that plan. Regardless I still have no sense of which way to go to escape the dungeon.

"Should we start moving?" Julie asked. "Before something comes after us again."

"Yeah. That's probably best." I say, grabbing Julie by the wrist. "Follow me."

I have no idea which way to go, but I'm the strongest here so I should take charge. At least this way I'll be able to deal with and defend her if anything happens.

I ignore the spiders crawling on the wall, they're still following us. Instead I head down a path that grows wider the farther we head down it.

Eventually we enter into a large chamber, an iron door at the far wall. "Is this another treasure room?" Sam asked. He ran toward the door without a care.

The fool. Didn't he learn to be cautious from the last time? He really is just a greedy b*****d.

"Hold on!" Julie reached an arm out, but she was unable to grab him. She's so nice, I wouldn't have tried to stop him.

Before Sam could reach the room, when he was only halfway across the room a creature began to form in front of him. It was a giant reptilian-like monster. It had two massive arms, no legs, a body that ended in a tail, and a body that was mostly dark green.

It swiped at Sam, batting him away and sending him crashing into a wall. His HP took a huge hit, it was only around 20% after that one hit.

Smaller versions of that creature, human sized versions appeared around it. Together they guarded the gate.

"Elsa! That's a dungeon boss!" Julie exclaimed.

I didn't need her to tell me. If I checked the creature's stats I could see that it was called Elder Basilisk, it was level 145. Even I wouldn't be a match for it at my current level. I'm glad its minions were all around level 130. I could use them to level grind and make up the difference between us.

This would be tricky. How would I be able to pull this off while tricking Julie and Sam about my strength. I'm far too powerful right now, no player should be at my level this early in the game. I'd have to explain myself and that would be difficult without bringing up The Dark Lich.

"Quick, retreat!" I watched as Julie turned to run.

"Hey! What about me?!" Sam was still recovering from his injury, he hadn't moved since being hit.

The basilisk growled at us, they were stepping closer while taking their time. I ended up using a new skill I had acquired from recently leveling up by defeating those giant serpents. A thick black cloud of smoke came out from my body. Smokescreen, I had quickly created enough to engulf the whole chamber.

"Elsa!" Julie called out my name. She must've stopped running as I don't hear her feet moving anymore. Good at least this way no one will see what I do next.

I walk toward the basilisk, throwing my kunai at one of them. As the creator of this smokescreen I can still roughly make out the positions of everyone around me. My kunai goes straight through the skull of a basilisk. I pull the chain, forcing its body over to me. I've already created several small icicle shards, gripping them between my fingers. While I hold the basilisk in place with one hand I stab it repeatedly with the other.

It wails and thrashes around, it manages to cut me a few times with its claws. The damage I'm dealing to it is far more than what's being dealt to me.

After stabbing it repeatedly in the stomach I drop the icicles and plunge my hand in its body. It feels wet, warm, and slimy in there. I grab at whatever I can grip, pulling and tugging on its organs, ripping them out.

The basilisk's body goes limp and its HP drops to 0. I toss the organs behind me. My arm is covered in blood not to mention the blood that splattered on me when I was stabbing it. I had just cleaned myself with water magic after my battle with the serpents, now I'm red again.

The other basilisk blindly charged in my direction. There's too many to take on all at once and I'm limited by how much MP I have left. I ran toward Sam, it's time he became useful.

"Yo-your arm… what the hell…"

I grabbed him without saying anything and threw him at the basilisk. He's overly greedy and I'm blaming this whole mess on him, being bait is the least he can do to make up for it.

"Hey! What the f**k!"

His protest was replaced by screams as the basilisk tore him apart with their claws and jaws. I don't know why he'd scream so much, it's not like he can actually feel this pain.

Sam being torn apart buys me a few moments to fight back without getting overwhelmed. I pull out a wooden bow from my inventory and create arrows using magic, arrows made of flames. It's not like I've ever used a bow before, but this is a game. It has features like most shooter games so I can see where my shot will hit.

I fire the arrows, piercing a few of the basilisk. It's not much damage, but sniping them is my best option right now.

Like they'd let me. I should know better by now. As soon as I started targeting them they abandoned Sam's body and went after me again. A basilisk tackled me down onto the ground, trying to bite my head off.

This was not a desired position. I slashed at it with my kunai, but the basilisk slashed back at me.

"Get off!"

I headbutted it. I ran my kunai through its neck and only when it was choking on its own blood did the basilisk stop its attack. I sank the blade a bit deeper in, feeling it hit bone. I pulled my hand back only to slam the kunai back in, I heard the monster's neck bone crack. At that I knew it wouldn't get back and pushed it off me.

As I tried to stand back up two more basilisk mauled me while three circled around me. I pulled one of them off my back and threw it over my head, slamming it on the ground, wincing while the other snapped its jaw around my leg.

S**t, s**t. At this rate I'd lose all my HP fighting these basilisk. I tried to kick the basilisk on my leg off, but it only sank its teeth in deeper. I could hear my blood dripping onto the floor. I elbowed it in the head, still it refused to let go.

The basilisk I threw off got back up and clawed at my back again, ripping my robes and sinking its teeth into my shoulder. I wanted to scream, my body felt sore and wet. The pain might be numb, but it's not stopping.

"Get the f**k off me!"

I quickly checked my MP, too low to use my Touch of Death skill. Damn it, my HP was dropping swiftly.

Keeping this smokescreen up is only draining my MP even more. At this rate I won't even have enough to use my signature ice magic.

I opened my inventory, summoning one of my undead serpents. "Save me." I commanded.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but it looked like the serpent nodded. It slithered and coiled around the swarm of basilisk, breathing purple flames onto my enemies. It continued its attack, snapping the body of a basilisk in its mouth. The two attached to me let go and ran toward the serpent.

No, I wouldn't let my attackers get away that easily. I threw my chain, wrapping it around their tails and pulling them back to me.

"Get back here." I'm breathing heavily, severely injured. My body is red, not just with my own blood, but the blood of those other basilisk. My wounds are not healing, because of the cool down time of Regeneration I can't heal myself. I limp toward the basilisk. I no longer feel like wasting my MP on them. I pull a sword from my inventory and cut open its body. It screeches and thrashes around on the ground as I slice open its belly. I shove my hand in, feeling around for something familiar. When I have it I pull and yank on it, seeing the distress on the basilisk's face brings a smile unlike any other to my face.

"You forced me to pull out my serpent. That ruins my pride, knowing I couldn't take you down by myself. This is payback."

I have no idea if it can understand me, but these words need to be said. It feels good to get them off my chest. I ripped out the organ I was holding. In my hand is the creature's heart.

I turn to the other basilisk. It managed to slip its way out of the chain, but not fast enough. I slice off its head. The body falls over and the head rolls on the ground. A nice bloody trail is left from the head rolling and the body will soon be in a puddle of blood.

I hear the roar of the Elder Basilisk. Its giant arms come crashing down, gripping my serpent and pinning it down. Even at a much higher level my serpent is proven powerless. It can't move or attack if pinned and I have a feeling this Elder Basilisk is planning on choking it to death, at least that's what I'd do in this situation.

My MP has all but run out, my smokescreen is vanishing. I could summon the other serpents, but at this rate I won't be able to hide that they're my undead from Julie. I can see her still standing at the chamber entrance.

I'm out of options, my smokescreen is gone. Julie looks over at me. I can't read her face, but I think she's horrified at what she sees. After all, what she sees is a pile of dead basilisk, some charred while others ripped apart. All that remains of Sam is the blood from when his body was torn apart, the undead serpent has returned and is on the losing side of the battle. Meanwhile when she looks at me she sees a bloody and injured person. I can't even stand straight. Julie must be horrified.


© 2023 NG-S


Author's Note

NG-S
Longest chapter yet, over 2000 words. Next chapter is going to be called Chapter 14- Escaping the Dungeon and chapter 15 will be called Chapter 15- Dragon Princess Encounters a Spider. Chapter 15 will end this first arc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on March 31, 2023
Last Updated on March 31, 2023
Tags: Gore, Fantasy, Adventure, Fiction, Virtual Reality, MMORPG, VRMMORPG, LitRPG, Female Protagonist, Overpowered Protagonist, Magic, Level System, Gamers, Dungeons