Chapter 5- Guild Registration

Chapter 5- Guild Registration

A Chapter by NG-S

Chapter 5- Guild Registration

I teleport to the capital city of the Kingdom of Dethal. It's a nice clean city with a great big white castle. I suppose another way of achieving The Dark Lich's request would be to destroy the castle. I could breach it pretty easily and find a weak point inside that'll cause the whole thing to crumble.

No, I don't think I should go destroying whole nations yet. At the very least I should wait until I have some stealth gear. I'll head to the Guild Hall and register with this branch.

There are multiple guilds in the game. You can even form your own with enough gold, the in-game currency. I don't particularly care for guilds, but I need to join a well established one to gain their rewards.

The current guilds are all named after the nation's they are from. In that case this guild would be called The Dethal Guild. The guild building is a bit taller than the buildings surrounding it. It's clearly labeled with a giant banner above the doors and it seems to have plenty of traffic.

I don't really wanna go in, but I have to. Here goes.

Walking in I expected it to be more like a tavern with people drinking, yelling, and getting in fights. Instead it's far more civil.

It's noisy, but only from players talking amongst themselves. As I hear bits of their conversation I understand that they aren't all here to discuss adventurer business.

"Did you catch the latest episode of…"

"... and that's when I quit my job…"

"I was up late last night texting…"

To be fair some of them were role playing properly.

"Do you wanna join our party?"

"We need a mage. Are there any mages around here?"

"Let's try that quest."

"I heard there was a P.K. incident near the final boss' lair."

"Yeah and the rumor is you get a one hour time out before you can play the game again."

"That's crazy."

It appears word of what I did has already reached this far. I wonder if my description has been taken down? I'm also wondering if word that the Hero has gone missing has started to spread.

I head to the receptionist. She's wearing the official guild wardrobe, a white uniform with some green and black patterning, it also contains a skirt. It looks nice on her and goes well with her short brown hair. Too bad she's an NPC.

"Hello, my name is Wanda. How may I help you today?"

"I'd like to register with this guild."

"Certainly. We just need permission to view and record your stats."

"No problem."

Wanda pulled out a crystal orb from underneath the receptionist desk.

"Please place your hand over this orb."

I do as she says.

Wanda placed a blank sheet of brown parchment on the desk.

"Your level, name, skills, equipped gear, and any other notable information will appear on this sheet shortly, please wait."

Normally this would be bad, however, I've used skill points I earned from leveling up to buy the skill "Skill Conceal". When activated I can hide any skills I want, I can also hide certain stat information.

"Le-level… 125?!"

Still I couldn't hide my level. I decided to only use 100 Greater Level Potions instead of all 125. I'll save the rest for a stormy day.

"Th-that would make you the strongest guild member in our nation!"

"What's that?"

Wanda's outburst had drawn the attention of nearby players.

"Did she say level 125?"

"That must be some mistake. The NPC is glitching."

"Well read that player's stats for yourself."

"I can't, for some reason I can't see her level or HP.

That's thanks to my new skill as well. No one is seeing anything I don't want them to see unless they're at a much higher level than me.

"Hey, show us your face already."

A bald bare chested warrior demanded this as he walked up behind me. He attempted to grab my hood and pull it down, but it did not end well for him.

His hand froze over the moment he reached out.

"Gah! Mother f****r!"

He staggered back in agony, holding the arm with the frozen hand with his other hand.

I didn't need to turn around to know his HP was rapidly decreasing. It wouldn't cause him a game over, but he would need to remove the frozen status effect on his hand otherwise his HP won't go back up even if he uses Recovery Potions or a recovery skill.

"Did you see that? That auto-defense skill was amazing!"

"I wonder how she got to such a high level so quickly."

They're still talking about me, no matter. I came to get registered and get out.

"Does everything seem to be in order?" I asked the receptionist.

"What? Oh yes. I'll approve this right away."

She was about to stamp my stat sheet when a white haired elderly man put his hand on her wrist to stop her.

He was well dressed in purple and blue sorcerer robes. I knew in an instant who this man must be with the way he is dressed so nicely and properly put together.

"Guild Master?"

The receptionist gave him a confused glance.

"Here, let me handle this from now on."

He took the stamp from Wanda and quickly read over my stat sheet before looking up at me. "Miss Elsa, might I have a word with you in my office?"

I wonder why he'd get involved. He's just an NPC. Is this some kind of quest where once a guild member reaches a certain level he has a special mission for them? I hope so because he's level 215, I'd never be able to take him as I currently am.

I follow the Guild Master up to the second floor and into his office. I'm not sure if I should close the door or not so I leave it open. The Guild Master takes a seat behind his desk, I stand in front of him.

"Where are my manners? I should introduce myself. You may call me Ferdinand."

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ferdinand."

It's really no big deal for me personally, but I should try to be as polite as possible.

"Now Miss Elsa I have some questions for you… for starters according to your stat sheet you don't have very many skills yet you have very little skill points. Would you care to explain?"

He presents the piece of parchment that lists my stats. I don't need to look down at it to know what he's talking about.

Skill points are earned every time a player levels up. You usually don't get that many, between 1-3 is the average. They can be used to buy new skills or upgrade existing skills. The reason I have so few skill points is because I spent most of mine.

"You acquired the concealment skill, didn't you?"

He called it. I wonder what he'll do next?

"I could take a look at your skills myself. My level is much higher than yours, but you are a young lady and that would be rude of me. Instead I'll ask you to show me your hidden skills."

"I'm not going to do that."

"Why? What are you hiding?"

"I have the right to my privacy."

"You do understand the terms and conditions of joining a guild, don't you? We have the right to know the quality of adventurers we're hiring."

"Don't you think it's odd my level is so much higher than everyone else?"

I'll play off my last trump card. It's not like having skills like Touch of Death or Dark Magic is a giveaway that I'm working with The Dark Lich. I'd rather just keep my skills private.

My question seems to have brought Ferdinand wordless. I'm assuming he's thinking it over so I'll continue.

"I'm one of the chosen, but do you know what that means?"

"The chosen are those selected by the Gods to fight against the forces of The Dark Lich."

The Gods he speaks of are character builds that are maxed out in stats and immortal objects. The admins will play them if a need arises. However as an NPC he's only familiar with the game lore. I can use that to my advantage.

"Yes and the Gods have always favored the dragons. Dragons have always been in positions next to the Gods.. even though the dragons left this world a long time ago the Gods requested their aid once more. I was selected among the dragons, their princess to become a chosen one. That is why my level is higher than the rest of the chosen ones and that's why I can't show you my skills."

The Dark Lich gave me the perfect cover story even if he wasn't trying to. The NPCs don't bring up the fact that players are role playing as dragonoids, angels, undead, goblins, or any strange species unless the player makes the mention first.

"I see."

Ferdinand got out of his seat and lowered himself to a knee, bowing his head.

"Forgive my rudeness, Dragon Princess."

It appears he knows his place in the social hierarchy.

"That'll be enough of that. I just need your permission to join this guild."

""Yes, of course."

He took his seat again and stamped my stat sheet. Now I was finally in the guild.

"A guild card should appear in your inventory. It is proof you can show others that you belong to our guild if they ever question you."

"Yes, I understand."

"You now shall be able to claim guild rewards for any quest you complete. Good luck, brave adventurer."

I think he's done so I turn around and head out of his office. I head back downstairs. I can't wait to start my first quest. I'll finally be able to start a proper RPG adventure.

However when I get downstairs I notice that most of the adventurers are gawking at a woman standing at the receptionist desk. This woman, she's playing as a spirit. She has long blonde hair, a blue dress, and transparent blue butterfly-like wings. Seeing her makes my heart start to beat faster. She's beautiful, words do not begin to describe how beautiful she is.


© 2023 NG-S


Author's Note

NG-S
Should I do longer chapter or keep them short? If I did longer chapters I wouldn't be able to get 1 out a day.

In Chapter 6 we will see how good Elsa is at flirting. Planning to have moments of a romantic comedy in there.

My next upload will be something different, heavy focus on lore and world building. I hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on March 10, 2023
Last Updated on March 11, 2023