Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes

A Story by Jenni Bailey

Angel Eyes

Written by Jenni Bailey


One morning, I'd gotten woken up with a sweet, calm voice saying ''good morning!'' I was bundled up in my blankets, as I was slowly waking up to her voice. When I finally could open up my sleepy eyes, My staff smiled and lightly giggled and said, ''the way you opened your eyes, made you look like you have Angel eyes.''

In that moment, I felt very much cared about, and that she meant to say those words. I took those words in like oxygen. With me living a trauma-based life, I feel like a person of much value and purpose. I matter in my staff member's life. It's rewarding to hear this.

I know for most people, someone saying they have Angel eyes, might not seem like a big deal, but for me, it impacted me in a positive way. It made me smile, and have that calmness about me that I sometimes, struggle to have and regulate it! Saying that I have angel eyes, I will always cherish these spoken words and hold it close to my heart.

Something as simple as ''Angel eyes'' has changed the way I want to live my life...I know it's impossible to be perfect like an angel, but I want to live my life as a caring, compassionate, understanding person. It also has pushed me to be the ''best version of me'' every day.... I also like to ''milk'' the compliments I've given, in a funny way. It's also part of my personality to be silly about compliments!

I have rough days and all through that, my staff members still see the good side in me. My staff members remind me each day, it's okay to have rough days, because they know I'm still that same great person.

© 2023 Jenni Bailey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 23, 2023
Last Updated on July 23, 2023

Author

Jenni Bailey
Jenni Bailey

Kalispell, MT



About
Hi, my name is Jenni Bailey. I have Cerebral Palsy, and I've been writing since my teenage years. All of my writing is based on my beliefs, struggles, personal trauma, etc...my writing is also very .. more..

Writing