Let's Meet Daddy At The Window

Let's Meet Daddy At The Window

A Story by Jenni Bailey

'Let's Meet Daddy At the Window''

Written By Jenni Bailey


It's morning time and everyone's up: All of us kids get ready for school, Daddy is all ready for work. Daddy has to just get his stuff into his truck. He leaves at 6:00 am, but he doesn't leave without saying ''goodbye''. My siblings would give hugs and kisses to Daddy, but...me? I would say nothing. Not because I didn't love or care about Daddy, but because I was going through hardships with Daddy. I don't think I would look at Daddy! When Daddy was ready to leave for work, I was still eating my breakfast before getting ready for the school bus.


The Family Tradition was to way at Daddy from the Dining Room window...My siblings and stepmother would scurry to the window, open the drapes, to blow kisses and hugs to Daddy thru the window. My stepmother would say ''let's meet Daddy at the window.'' I did for long while because then, I felt loved. After that, I stopped meeting Daddy at the window.


My and Daddy's communication style? No healthy communication...I had to have myself go numb from all feelings. I felt it was safer for me to not wave to him at the window. I love my Daddy, ALWAYS, but I felt safer away from him, because I didn't feel the love from him. My Daddy saw me thru the window, but I wouldn't wave at him...I just continued to sit at the table, or wherever I was at the time, and be inside of myself.



© 2023 Jenni Bailey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on July 23, 2023
Last Updated on July 23, 2023

Author

Jenni Bailey
Jenni Bailey

Kalispell, MT



About
Hi, my name is Jenni Bailey. I have Cerebral Palsy, and I've been writing since my teenage years. All of my writing is based on my beliefs, struggles, personal trauma, etc...my writing is also very .. more..

Writing