Chapter 3 - the departure

Chapter 3 - the departure

A Chapter by imagwriteine
"

an experimental shift from third person to first person

"

 I look up, overwhelmed by the amount of water, unable to open my eyes. With water still dripping from my eyelids, I shake my head, trying to escape from the dreadful water. I then am able to open my eyes. I still have the key in my hands, what a relief! I am about to uncuff myself when I carelessly dropped the key. Oh no. I look around anxiously, trying to come up with a solution. Then instinctively I shuffle a bit forward, and lean back. I gave a painful shout as I feel my head about to shatter after I hit the floor, and my wrist about to break as it along with the chair hit the ground. I am lucky, because I didn’t break my fingers, which would be much worse. I grab the key which was near my palm on the ground, and uncuff myself. I stand up, and check my wrist to find them bleeding with shallow cut, I was lucky that it didn’t cut any deeper. Preventing myself from bleeding out, I tear off the two sleeves of my top to stop the bleeding of my two wrists. Just as I have finished my ‘first aid’, my ‘friend’, though not sure of his motive, comes in.

 ‘Hurry, we have to go.’ He says, and I go out of the door with him, only to find myself in a maze-like corridor with white walls, black marble floor tiles and many doors in each wall, as if a hotel corridor. ‘Come on.’ The man says in a quiet, almost inaudible tone to me, so I follow, unsure if he may be trusted, he might just be the only way I may be able to get out of here. We walk, rather sneak towards the corridor on the right of the room that I just got out. I looked at each junction on the left and right as we go straight forward only to find the massiveness of the building �" there seemed to be no way out as I can’t see the end of the corridor. Finally, when we are about to take a turn after sneaking around for 5 minutes, my mysterious friend signals me to stop, ‘wait’ he says ‘there’s a couple of guards in front.’ I keep silent, waiting for him to take the lead. ‘Okay, coast’s clear’ he says, as he signals me once again to follow him, we continue only to find another guard stepping in from another door. My mysterious friend rushes towards him with inhuman speed, and knocks him out. Seconds later, a familiar ear-piercing siren rings, he shouts ‘S**t! The alarm! Keep up!’ and starts sprinting, I followed. I am running with all my might trying to keep up with him when I hear a gunshot behind me, I turn my head to find three guards on the chase.

‘Ahhhh we got a tail!’

He turns his head around to have a look at what is happening, and says ‘Keep on running! We’re almost there!’ He is running past a junction when a gunshot can be heard and he puts his hands around his head and keeps running. Then a guard rises from a corridor on the right and points a gun at me. Oh no, he is far enough to take the shot, I roll as I see he is about to pull the trigger and start sliding towards him, I am lucky enough to be sliding towards the space between the legs and am going fast enough for him not to hit me when he pulls the trigger the second time. As I am getting close to his groin I raise my hand and hit him in the groin. I look back to see him clutching his hands around it. I start running again. ‘Here we are, jump!’ the mysterious friend shouts out. Jump? There is nothing but white walls in front. Then split second he jumps towards the white wall, and goes right through it! I do the same, and find myself in the rooftop of a building. There then comes a cluster of bangs and painful mourns. I know then that I am safe. Then I look around to find the mysterious friend, and finds him standing near the edge of the rooftop. I run towards him, and as I am about to catch up with him a military-grade helicraft rises from beneath. “Come on John, get in” he says as a platform is lowered from the helicraft. Unsure of what is going to happen next, I get into the helicraft, and the platform closes behind me shortly after.



© 2014 imagwriteine


Author's Note

imagwriteine
please let me know if there's any problem, and your opinions on shifting from 3rd person to 1st person suddenly in a book, thx

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014


Author

imagwriteine
imagwriteine

Hong Kong



About
a rookie (student to be precise) who likes imaginative writings and meaningful poems, reviews on my work would be nice, thx :) more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by imagwriteine


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by imagwriteine


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by imagwriteine