chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by Starr Rainbow

Once upon a time, in the sunny kingdom of Jewel mountains, lived a beautiful princess named Tiara, many miles away Prince Collins lived in the gloomy kingdom of Skull Cave.


Prince Collins was an outcast in Skull Cave; he refused to take on the morals and values of his father. He had always dreamt about meeting a beautiful woman who was not from this kingdom but from another more happier and sunnier Kingdom. Not long after his eighteenth birthday King Skull brought a very pale, enchanting woman to meet his son. He wanted Prince Collins to marry her. When the young Prince realised what his father wanted, he quickly refused and ran out to the forbidden bridge, he thought about crossing it, but knew if he did he would quickly be destroyed. Later that day, when he returned home he and his father got into a huge argument over the arranged marriage, so outraged by his sons refusal to marry the chosen girl he banished his son from Skull Cave until he came round to the idea of marrying her. Prince Collins did not hesitate, and without grabbing anything left the kingdom and made his way to coconut hill, where they promise true happiness no matter where you come from. He hoped to meet his true love there.


Princess Tiara was the most popular girl in her kingdom, every girl wanted to be like her and every boy wanted her.  But no one could have her.  She had always dreamt about meeting the perfect husband, but all the men in her kingdom only wanted to use and abuse her.  On her eighteenth birthday her mother had a handsome older man waiting to take her hand in marriage. The young princess was mortified at the thought of marrying someone older than her and a man her mother had chosen. She ran crying to her room and sobbed for a few hours into her pillow, wishing her father was still alive. That night she dreamt about a story her father had once told her, about the perfect life on Coconut hill. He had told her how beautiful the four different seasons were, the clear blue of the ocean and how many people who went there never returned because they had found peace and happiness. Early the next morning she decided to run away to coconut hill, where she hoped to find her true love before her mother found her.


The young prince finally arrived in Coconut Hill, there was a light breeze as he awoke. The birds were chirping and he could hear children laughing and playing. As he lifted his head out of the little boat, there were a few young women looking and smiling down at him. They helped him out of the boat and handed him a bright red, perfectly round apple. He smiled back at them.


“Where have you come from?” asked one of the women


“Skull Cave”, replied the Prince, the three women gasped,


“What brings you here?” asked the second woman


“My father banished me, so I decided to start a new life here, do you know of any places to stay?” he asked with a friendly smile


“Sure, Coconut View Hotel, really cheap as well”, replied the third woman, “It’s just around the corner from where the fruit market is, we are on our way there now, if you would like us to show you?”


“Yes please, that would be so kind of you”, the prince replied, as he followed the three women. The women giggled and kept looking at the Prince. The Prince just smiled and carried on following them until they got to the Hotel.


“Well thank you ladies, I shall see you around”, he tipped his hat and disappeared behind the big ivory doors of the hotel. The women let out another giggle and continued their short journey to the fruit market.

 

“Oh my gosh” gasped the Princess as she saw Coconut Hill in her sites.


“Last stop, young lady” shouted the bus driver


The princess got up and ran out of the bus, the light breeze whipped through her long brown hair. She put her hand to her forehead, as if she was going to faint.


“Are you okay miss?” asked an old man


“I am fine thank you” she smiled,


The Princess skipped down the dusty road. She came across a large field filled with well-dressed men, women and children. all smiling, eating and having fun. She sighed. As she turned around to continue her journey she bumped into a tall man.


“I am so sorry”, she said, sheepishly looking up at him


“That’s ok, can I help you?” the gentleman asked


“Yes I am looking for somewhere cheap to stay?”, breathlessly she asked


“Coconut view Hotel, I can give you a lift If you want?”


“I do not normally accept lifts from strangers, but my feet are kind of tired”, she yawned “I’m kind of tired and hungry so on this occasion I would gladly accept”, she smiled


“If you can wait for five minutes, I won’t be long”, he said lifting her into his white Bentley.


The princess sat quietly in the car, watching the man interact with the children, showing them how to fly kites and float the boats on the little pond. The place was filled with children’s laughter. She smiled to herself. It seemed to be only moments later she felt someone nudge her.


“We are here, this is Coconut View Hotel”, whispered a dark haired man


“What, we are here already?” asked the Princess, as she adjusted her eyes to the bright light,


“Yes miss, you fell asleep while you were waiting for me” he smiled


“Thank you ever so much” the princess said as she climbed out of the car, “I hope to see you around sometime”,


“Yes you will definitely see me around, I am the local doctor”, he chuckled


“Well thank you again” she said before shutting the car door.


Once the princess was clear of the car and heading towards the hotel doors, the doctor drove off, beeping as he left, the princess gave a small wave before going through to the reception of the hotel.



© 2011 Starr Rainbow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

Starr Rainbow
Starr Rainbow

United Kingdom



About
psychology student loyal pittsburgh penguins fan more..

Writing
chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Starr Rainbow