Being an Analysis

Being an Analysis

A Story by penhive
"

It is an exposition of the philosophy of Being.

"

Being or philosophically called Ontology is something that has perplexed Philosophers. There is a whole range of thinkers starting from Heidegger and extending up to Camus and Sartre who have expounded the Philosophy of Being. But all these explanations have not been satisfactory.

What is Being? Being is a part of Ontology of being in a process. Being is a part of processual ontology.

Being can be influenced by culture and historicity of lived consciousness. Being has also got temporality. Culture, historicity and temporality influencing being are external factors and they go a long way in shaping individuality.

Being for the Philosopher Camus meant the absurd. Camus outlined the Philosophy of being through the myth of the Sisyphus. In the myth of the Sisyphus, a man is condemned to roll a boulder uphill, and only to his consternation it has rolled down. The man is Sisyphus is forced to do a repetitive and meaningless task. For Camus life is absurd and man is forced to do repetitive and meaningless tasks.

For me, I would like to elaborate being as a celebration of life. Being is always in the process of creating lived meaning. Being is the preciousness of lived meaning. Being is the preciousness of lived life.

The Philosopher Sartre has created a three-fold meaning of being and they are: being-in-itself, being for-it-self and being for others. Being-in-itself is a primary state of consciousness. Being for itself is a lived consciousness of life and being for others is a being that tries to live for others. For Sartre: life is meaningless and man is condemned to be free.

For me life is a preciousness and being is a creative process of creating meaning. Being is the preciousness of life. Being has to exert meaning by making creative choices.

Now I would like to elaborate on being and its interiority.

The exteriority of being is found in Historicity, Culture and Temporality. The exteriority of being shapes some aspects of individuality.

On the other hand, the interiority of being is consciousness of ego formation. It lies in two states of being and they are: cathartic affirmation and angstual negation.

What is Cathartic affirmation? Cathartic affirmation is the pleasure of experiencing lived meaning. Certain states of emotion like love, peace, joy, orgasm and altered states, all of these forms a part of being called Cathartic affirmation.

Now what is angstual (adjective of angst) negation? Angstual negation is found in emotional states like hate, anger, malice, covetousness and so on.

To conclude I would like to say: Being is not absurd or meaningless as the existentialist philosophers say. Being is also not repetitive or monotonous. Being is a precious gift of meaning. Being is a choice of creating meaningful meaning. There are two states of being and they are the external states and the internal states. The external states lie in historicity, temporality and culture. The internal state of being lies in cathartic affirmation and angstual negation.

   

© 2021 penhive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on March 28, 2021
Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Tags: Ontology, Being, Postmodernism, Literature, Philosophy, Angstual negation, Cathartic affirmation, Poststructuralism

Author

penhive
penhive

Pathnamthitta, Kerala, India



About
I am a Hellenic Philistine, an existential nihilist, a postmodern enthusiast, and I ontologize my being into religions of Christianity and Judaism with the being of an apologist. more..

Writing
Idioms Idioms

A Story by penhive