Changing a Crack Addict

Changing a Crack Addict

A Story by Chace Peckham

Changing someone into who you want them to be is not necessarily the best idea. One cannot make someone into something they truly do not want to be. Case in point, if a crack addict is made into a classy business man and the crack is taken out of his life, and then there are two options. The first being he goes a lives a successful life away from crack gets married and has two children, twins, one boy named Caden and the girl named, well he hasn’t thought of the girl name yet. Wait that’s my dream. Well anyways, or the second option is he doesn’t accept his new persona and rejects it because that’s not what he wants to be. Therefore, there really is no point in trying to change someone if they don’t have the want to do it themselves first.


So now the dilemma is if you’re with someone and you are having trouble dealing with some of their flaws what is there to do? Well the first thing you have to ask yourself is do you care about this person? If the answer to that is yes, then you will accept her flaws. Trust me, trying to change the person you’re with is a tough thing to do. They have to understand that what you are trying to change is a flaw of theirs way before you as their partner tries to change them. They have to WANT to change before you can approach them with this idea.


Accepting flaws is a detail of life parents don’t really teach you. They teach you to be accepting to others and be understanding of diversity, but when something about someone you’re involved with, whether it is work, school, relationships, or family, really irks you. You’ll know when it is. Mine is people’s inability to reason through situations. It’s incredibly hard to work with people that can’t deduce their surroundings and make a decision; however, I have a flaw. Well many, but this is one. I am flawed in accepting people think differently, and there certain things I am just never going to be able to understand.  My time on this great Earth has taught me many things, and I have learned this with two past relationships. I have to be more accepting to people’s differences on how people think. I was going to say I had to be more accepting of people’s flaws, but really who am I to tell someone that their thought process is flawed.


Accepting people as they are is so cliché. I have flaws. You have flaws. Everyone has flaws. Accept these flaws and move on. Get over your tenacious, selfish self and realize that this person cares about you and is probably accepting many of your flaws, so deal with it. Sorry to come across so bluntly, but that’s what I tell myself. I have to accept people, flaws and all, and not crucify them for their cognitive thought process being different then mine. So please understand that you will lose out on many friendships and relationships because you can’t realize that you have to deal with flaws. You really do. For the most part.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011