Worry Free Zone

Worry Free Zone

A Story by Chace Peckham

Today, I realized that the world will come together on its own. During my life, I have tried to control the world’s destiny. Finally, not today, but at some point I came to the realization that the world does not stop for one person’s worries or for a group of people’s agonizing thoughts of how their actions have affected people. The world continues to spin on its 23.4˚ axis. The world keeps on revolving around the sun, or so the heliocentric model tells us. It doesn’t stop no matter if a undergraduate is worrying about how they did on the MCAT, or if a scared teenager is stressing about if his high school love of his life is going to come and visit him at work. In a sense, worrying does not prove or solve anything.

When someone once asked me, “What the most important thing to me is?” I had to answer with my parents’ happiness. Then the individual asked, “Well what is the most important thing that I would want for myself?” I had no clue what to say. Then I realized what kind of person I actually am if I am myself. I do not want to sound cliché, but I am the person that puts his family, friends, and even some strangers in front of himself. I have talked to my uncle about this blessing that he calls a problem, and what to do about it. He feels as if looking at other people and seeing what they need instead of fulfilling your own needs is “the lack of selfishness.” This inability to make sure that my needs are satisfied is a horrible problem. Whether you partake in the Maslow’s hierarchy of needs or you have some random way you understand what you require as a human being, the decision is yours. It usually is human nature (don’t get me started on instincts and human nature) that controls your reasoning of putting yourself in front of people when you are in need. My reasoning typically is fantastic, if it’s not dealing with my needs. However, whenever I try to fix this problem, people think that I am not being myself and I am being too selfish. So the dilemma continues…


I guess I probably have 15000 more days to figure it out.


© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011