He Looks Calm and Ready, but…

He Looks Calm and Ready, but…

A Story by Chace Peckham

On this great August Night, I cannot sleep. I’m rolling around in a half folded futon at my parent’s house contemplating my future ambitions. My mind races about the possibilities I have set myself up for; however, you may think that may be a gift, it may also be a curse. My mind has no idea what to think, when it’s too optimistic. I never thought there was such a chance as too many great things I could do in my life, but there is. It turns out I have all these ambitions, but I am fickle as a pickle, just like my best friend. His inability to make decisions will be discussed later.


I want to graduate after my fourth year of college is done, and continue on to grad school to study leadership development and business management. No, no I don’t want to continue on collegiate life after my undergrad. I want to get my first real world job somewhere close to home, and send money back to my family to help support them. Oh wait, but then I’m giving into that whole idea of being too unselfish. Now you see where my dilemma continues.


My theory is that an individual can have everything going for them, but their fickleness will end up being their downfall. My inability to make a decision about my promising future will not occur any longer. No wait, maybe for a short time, it will have to continue. All these great possibilities and where should I go? This is how curiosity killed the cat, and how many of the oh-so-promising people you knew in high school or college ended up doing nothing with their lives because they couldn’t make a decision on which route to take when God gave them a fork in the road. Not me, I will make a decision, but I’m not going to be drastic. I’m going to weigh my options and understand the pros and cons about my future endeavors, and then finally come to a livable and prosperous conclusion like the usual thought process that occurs in my head.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011