Love is Not What Love is

Love is Not What Love is

A Story by Chace Peckham

Continuing on with the thought process that occurs in my head, I am plagued by the word ‘love’. Love and I have met, once upon a time. I have loved a female based upon my cognitive understanding of the explanation of the term. I do not believe love should be something that is presumed to be an emotion. The ability to love is creating your own exactness of what love truly means to you as a person. The after effects of this adoration are what most people call love, but I recognize these processes as the byproducts of deep passion. All I’m saying is that love is found by correctly deducing what stage your relationship with your counterpart is currently at, and comparing that to your definition of love. This is the only reason, other than family, that the word love should be used.


The reason I am incredibly afflicted by the word ‘love’ stems from the over usage of this term. Love should only be used to address someone you have immense devotion towards such as, your mother or your wife, not your friend who you may have known for a few months. This concept of my generation is completely overbearing to me; I cannot comprehend why an individual would use the same word to describe a TV, as they would to illustrate the utmost irresistibility his wife has upon him. Love is a strong verb not to be employed as a meaningless lack of intelligence from an individual who has developed a poor lexicon and cannot create a more illustrious word to use for describing an inanimate object.


Finally, please respectable world that I place my feet upon each day and have to listen to the English language become torn to shreds, please use the world ‘love’ appropriately. Quite possibly, the more you think about your language, the more words might mean to you. Love is reason; the byproducts of love are emotions that enhance a relationship. Please do not get these two ideas confused. Implanted in our minds are the tools and resources to grasp love and reason through the process of actually developing true love with our counterpart.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011