Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

A Story by Chace Peckham

The day I saw the Dark Knight and witnessed the epic portrayal of Joker by an infamous man, I asked myself, “Why so serious?” If you ever met me or understand a minuscule piece of how I operate, that question pesters me. Looking back through my childhood and my adolescence, I have had to be determined in what I have done. No course of action I have taken has been for a joke or going out on a whim. I have painstakingly thought through every step of my life; however, I enjoy accomplishing these meticulous tasks. I take pleasure in the ability to reason and seriously understand where my life is headed.


Although glimpsing toward the past, I rarely can remember a time where I have laughed out loud (Forgive me for the online speak). I really haven’t. Watching movies it’s all internal humor. Seeing someone doing a completely ridiculous stunt still no outward portrayal of a chuckle. Then I question my sense of humor, I believe it’s fully intact and functioning. So what is it? The question is asked again, “Why so serious?” I suppose the understood conclusion from my mental deduction is that I rarely take time to look at a situation and not reason through it, which may be a curse or a virtue I’m still unsure. Some would say that I have an inability to not use logic in situations in life. I believe that to be true. It may happen once in a while, but the bulk of the time I can’t live without logic, reason, or deduction.


Moving on from this might be a key to my happiness in life. I am a very happy person, most of the time, but this recognition of a flaw is an important feat in my existence. An individual should always strive to improve their life with every new day. On that note, realizing your imperfections is imperative to your subsistence as a person. I might be too serious, but what are your flaws? I won’t be the person to point them out to you, but I will be the one to help you reason through them and determine a route of freedom from your predicament.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011