Ghandi Said it, it Must be True

Ghandi Said it, it Must be True

A Story by Chace Peckham

Transitioning from mistakes towards what you learn from these mistakes implies that you better yourself as a person, but on what lines should you better yourself? I believe that your betterment stems from your values. Continuing to use the word “values”, irks me. What you value in life are your values, that’s what the name implies. Values can be completely different then your morals or ethics (which are different as well). So the question is asked, “What do you value in life?” Your family, your friends, or something completely different? I theorize a lot about values and how they are created in people’s lives; I believe different individuals have completely distinctive processes they acquire or discover their principles in life.


One view is that people learn these ideas based upon their experiences, which I do agree with. Another observation is that people acquire these inspirations based upon their family and their upbringing, which I also concur with. What I disagree with is that these values are innately instilled into your body when you are born; you must acquire these principles during sometime of your life, not in the prenatal condition. I just cannot feasibly reason how someone can be born with these in their “instincts.” You develop what is important to YOU during YOUR life. These ideas are your exclusive difference between you and the other 6.1 billion other humans strolling around this wonderful orb called Earth.


Now the question visits us again. “What do you value in life?” I personally have established that I have sets of values that drive me towards excellence and another different set that guide my current existence and have since I learned of them. One for example is “hope”; I believe an individual who has hope is unstoppable. Obstacles may arrive in one’s way, but moving around such barricades will build the person up enough to arrive back at the obstacle and breakthrough it. My life is guided by hope. I hope for my family’s safety and happiness. I hope that people I surround myself with will make me a better individual. I hope that I will live a prosperous life. Hope is something that drives me; this hope idea is rather tough to gasp, but the main gist of the idea is to allow hope to guide you but not deceive you. Hope allows me to feel confident in anything I strive to do, within the reasonable mind. I do not hope that I will one day stop all air pollution and float on a rainbow carpet to Mars, those are just impractical ideas to hope for. My hope stems from my parents and the way I live my life. I hope every day will be better than the next. I hope that I have all the talents needed to accomplish any task I desire to take on. If I do not I hope that I will learn such talents and rehash such task.


Sometimes my values overlap both the route towards excellence and my guidance towards my existence. Not a problem, overlap in this case is probably a good idea. Excellence is my ultimate goal; however, this goal I understand is unreachable in a sense (this will be discussed in a later post). I ask you, “Have you defined your values, and what they are meant for in your life? Do you understand how you developed them? What event, or who helped you develop your principles you life by?” Answering these questions will be an epic discovery of who you are as a person, that you may want to define as well.


I know I ask a lot of questions, as my friends tell me, but they are all for the betterment of my mind and subsistence in life. Learning is the key. I believe every day I have walked this Earth, whether in solitude or accompanied with friends, I have learned something that will one day help me accomplish something, or this learned idea has already done so.


Mahatma Gandhi once said, “Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”


Believe in your values. Stay true to them, and you will live the life you ultimately would like to.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011