Who Would Ever Want to be Perfect?

Who Would Ever Want to be Perfect?

A Story by Chace Peckham

I briefly discussed excellence in my last post. Now it’s time to rehash that topic and continue on with trying to define it and determine how this value can be achieved. I truly believe in the theory of excellence. I believe this idea is my ultimate goal in life. The way I figure out how to define excellence makes me remember of a few conversations I’ve had with pledges of my fraternity in college. They might ask, “How do you define excellence?” I have a stepwise explanation that I give them that I will also give you. Excellence can be characterized by your actions, thoughts, and future. Preparing yourself for your future is imperative on achieving excellence. Your thoughts and actions go hand in hand with each other; you can probably understand why they are important in your acquisition towards excellence. Your thoughts cannot lead you in wrong routes if you control them; once you control them, your actions will become your epitome of excellence.


Then the question comes up, “Can someone achieve excellence?” I think a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this, but I do not believe it can. I theorize that excellence is an unattainable goal that everyone should have. You COMMIT your life to excellence; an individual along with society cannot realize excellence, or at least my definition of it. Excellence is perfection, but it goes farther than perfection. If an individual was to obtain excellence, they would be fulfilling the future before they complete the present. Take that in. A person who is flawless and complete would not have to “think” about the future in order for theirs to be prosperous; it would just happen without any internal thought just complete instinct that has been trained into their mind. However, a human doesn’t have that option. They are not able to instinctively process perfect thoughts at will.


Finally, the last perplexed question is asked, “So, why should a person have a goal for excellence if they cannot achieve such a theory?” This is where my fun comes in. I know goals are supposed to be achievable; however, the only reason they need to be achievable is in order for a person to be happy when they complete it. I am happy when I strive towards excellence; the chase on the way to faultlessness is awesome. You live everyday wanting to do nothing wrong, but when you do you learn from such an error and keep striving. For some people this may lead them away from the goal of excellence, because they would get frustrated never being able to achieve it. I thoroughly enjoy striving towards being a great person, and making myself better every day I walk this earth.


Is excellence achievable, in my opinion no, but I like to hunt for it.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011