Make a Decision ALREADY!

Make a Decision ALREADY!

A Story by Chace Peckham

Today, I’m going to think out loud about people (myself included) and our inability to just go down a path in our lives without a plan. I try to help my friends with some of their problems or dilemmas in life by saying, “It’s ok. Just roll with it. Just go with the flow.” In a sense, I’m being contradictive to what I actually do in my life, but what I would really like to do is just “wing” things and go with the flow of the river. This action or actually, lack of action is incredibly hard for me and it turns out that many other Americans have the same problem. We can’t make those split second decisions, and we can’t go anywhere without a plan.


Do I really believe that not having a plan is a good idea? At times yes, but for an interesting reason. I have been trying to learn to do this more. I have been attempting to innately make decisions without a plan. This idea is a great form of testing yourself. Testing your judgment skills, and how they have changed since you have been learning new talents, which you should every day of your life. It is an awesome idea that one can train their self to make these split second decisions because of their ability to make accurate cognitive judgments, repeatedly. You form a habit of making intelligent verdicts incessantly, which in turn gives you more confidence to not think so much when encountered with a decision that needs to be made instantly. This is an awesome theory. You don’t need to think because you have thought so much in the past.


Still I have not come to that point. I still think entirely too much (that’s what my friends say). I reason every possible pro and con of any situation, and come to a conclusion based upon these results; however, I theorize that one day, hopefully soon, I will be able to innately make these decisions on a habit forming basis. That would be an awesome time in my life and in yours if you agree with the same idea. The basis of this theory is to get your feet wet. Just give things a try. Don’t be afraid to attempt things without thinking sometimes. Anything you do can be a new experience you will learn something from. You never know about your lack of decision making skills, if you fail to even make a judgment you might miss out on something so important in your life. At minimum, make A decision.


I’m going to leave you with this poem I wrote. I’m not sure if you are going to like it. Let me know.


“Lost”

“At times I’m lost
The other times I’m trying to find my way
I don’t know the direction
I don’t know the way
Guide me to the right lane
The fork in the road is split
But the way is lit
For once I have options
For once I have a plan
But how should I execute such a plan
Maybe investment
Maybe time
Probably in the end, getting my feet wet
Before the river runs dry”

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011