Passion and the Pursuit

Passion and the Pursuit

A Story by Chace Peckham

Reflecting back on an influential time in my life, I remember a speaker that came to talk about the pursuit of happiness and where it begins. Developing your definition of happiness, I believe starts with identifying your passion in life. There is a common statement in our society that one should do what they are delighted doing, that is determining what your passion is.


Growing up you have your dreams, you might want to be a doctor or an engineer, but these are dreams that you feel at a young age will make you happy at the time. When you grow older, you establish a calling that you understand may be the best for yourself to accomplish. This might happen as you being a teacher or a physicist because you feel that you are good at those industries. I believe you should work or have an occupation that truly makes you happy. One thing that I am passionate about, just for an example, is developing people as leaders. I had no idea when I was a teenager that this idea makes me content, but it does. Witnessing the development of an individual’s character and ability to guide others impacts my life in a way that makes me so jovial that I want to continue aiding others.


I charge you with the task of ascertaining your passion. Passion is defined as an intense feeling or strong emotion, to many, but I characterize passion through, you guessed it, reason. You have to realize what creates such a strong emotion in yourself to urge you as an individual to persistently continue on accomplishing the same task. Some might say they are passionate about helping people, but what do you want to help people do? Do you want them to become a more intelligent human? Do you want people to be more caring and understanding of people’s emotions? This cognitive process is important in your ability to drive yourself. Your pursuit of happiness must start with the determination of your fervor in life.


The idea of passion is so strong that it is one of the few values in life that should not be driven by a monetary gain, but by the improvement in you. I believe that when an individual is truly accomplishing their passion, they are driven by the infatuation of becoming a better individual. At least, this is my understanding. You learn at a much faster and deeper rate when you are happy; you are happy when you are passionate about what you do. Never allow for your passion to be driven away from you, because someone says it is not financially efficient. Passion should be about you and the individuals you are serving, that is why you work towards your exuberant craze.

© 2011 Chace Peckham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011