~1~ Uninvited

~1~ Uninvited

A Chapter by Jazzy-Nae
"

Merri's 'relaxing morning' is off to a pretty tense start if you ask me...

"
I was laying around the house in my sweatshirt, and high-waisted jeans. I was on my phone minding my own business, texting, people from my school.
That's when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone , mymom wasn't home she was away at work doing overtime, and my dad was overseas serving in the military. I was suppose to be home alone for the day. I got off the couch and put my phone on the coffee table as I wobbled over to the door. I opened the door to see a much unwelcomed person in my doorway.
It was my ex-boyfriend, Matthew Rowland, and his mother Georgia Rowland. Matthew smiled wearily, along with his mom, as I stood there with a blank-expression on my face.
"Hello deary, it's been awhile..." Mrs. Rowland chirped.
"Uh. yea..." I said confused.
"Well, may we come in?" she smiled as Matthew looked off into space.
"Oh right! Come in." I invited them in ad I relaxed myself.
Mrs. Rowland and Matthew took a seat in the sitting-area, which is adjacent to area in which people would walk in the house.
"I'll put on a pot tea..." I said as I kept myself from making eye-contact with Matthew.
"Oh, that'd be lovely." Mrs. Rowland beamed.
I walked into the kitchen and put on a kettle of tea. After I turned the stove on I walked back into the sitting-area, an sat in an arm-chair across from them.
"So... Why exactly are you two here?" I asked, it probably sounded harsh coming from me the moment they took a seat. But hey, when you show up to someone's house isn't the first thing you're suppose to say is why you're there!?
"Well I would say so... But we need your mother here to discuss that..." Mrs. Rowland explained... Barely.
"Oh." I pretended to truly be engulfed in what she was talking about.
"Where is your mom anyways?" Mrs. Rowland asked.
"At work." I quickly and coldly answered.
Mrs. Rowland and my mom are absolute besties, they know each other's schedule, family backgrounds, ex-boyfriends, how much their houses are worth, how long it'll take for them to retire. Weird stuff your besties would only know.
"She said she was coming home to discuss some things..." Mrs. Rowland trailed off as she looked at my mom's creepy coo-coo clock.
I shot Matthew a look, as if to say 'What the heck is going on?!'. He gave me a look back as if to say, 'I have nothing to do with this!'.
The kettle began to whistle as if it were my cue to hold my tongue. I got up and walked over to the kitchen, and began to pour cups of tea, when I heard my mother's voice. I placed the tea on a tray with a plate of oatmeal-raisin cookies. (Matthew hates oatmeal cookies... Small revenge...).
"Oh good Merri! You're tending to the guests!" my mom beamed as though I was some insane daughter of hers that tortured the guests.
I placed the tea down on the coffee table that separated me from Matthew. I sat in an armchair that was next to the one my mom was sitting in.
"Sorry I didn't say anything earlier, Merri." my mom apologized.
I nodded at her apology and looked at Matthew with a sigh, waiting for them to skip to the good stuff.
"So let's skip down to business!" my mom said smiling.
I didn't like that smile on her face, it usually meant she was up to something that I wouldn't like.


© 2015 Jazzy-Nae


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015
Tags: romance, teen, fresh, summer, exes, anger, tense


Author

Jazzy-Nae
Jazzy-Nae

In some Clouds Some Where..., NY



About
I have a wattpad check me out at: parisloveandpetals! I enjoy writing, talking about writing, writing while hanging out with friends… Simply put writing is my life. more..

Writing