Fate can be altered

Fate can be altered

A Story by Heqi Wang
"

me n him

"

The State of the Mind

Kelly and Kayton are so deeply in love it's hard not to think of them two red birds together. Their only obstacle is the strong resentment and hateful rancor between their families, which encases an annoyance of the sorts in their idealized lovemaking project. Everywhere they go together they have to hide from onlookers, their parents, or spies for their parents. Any connection they have is required to be incognito. It's a secret life they carry and neither of them is in want of carrying it any longer. They are tired of the treacherous burdens they have to go through just to communicate with each other. They are tired of how they must always hide their tracks when they leave the house to some conspicuous place that belongs to the other. They want to change this blazoned mess once and for all.

The parents lately have become more and more suspicious and are telling all their servants to keep track of wide ranged slipups, consisting from the half hearted attempts from the two. Kayton and Kelly want to be found, but they don’t want to be torn apart. Or perhaps they are just giving up. Kelly is treated like a baby in her household, only that guzzled need to fulfill greed like a prophecy-part of the father must come first. Oh how she wished her life was perfect because love was all she could ask for. Even if they are not rich, Kelly will still persevere and deserve the love she needed most.

Kayton, on the other hand, is one of the brightest of his four siblings, Justin, Markus, Bane, and Some. He is a middle child, a child of charisma, generosity and a wildfire of coolness underneath all the levels of warm skin. Of course he couldn’t tell anyone about Kelly except to Markus. Markus is the most understanding of the four and always prove to be most helpful. On the other hand, Justin likes to be the first in everything, even claiming himself able to walk in other people’s shoes when all he does is save the best things for himself. Bane and Some are twins who are inseparable. They don’t have a kind heart but rather, a selfish one which they boldly use for obtaining the type of tools they need to make ships, which could be a good thing, until they say they want to be pirates. Kelly doesn’t love them all; her eyesight is similar to Kayton’s, but her mother secretly likes them even though Kelly’s father forbids them to. Her mother was born with bright blue eyes and straight raven hair with a pretty oval face, named Jaclyn. After turning 20, she just doesn’t seem to age. Kelly always wondered why her mother would actually feel compelled to favor Justin over Kayton all the time and Kelly even got mad with scorn over it until one day her mother finally revealed to her that she was just stroking his ego to get the things she wanted from him. It was a fair enough idea considering Justin’s output on treating people like trash but not completely generous one on her part.

It didn't used to be like this. There was a time when Daleville was peaceful and everyone was on good terms. Then one day there was a ballroom party between the two families. The newly made men from each family were choosing a bride. They invited all the beautiful ladies to attend. One beauty, so to say, caught both their eyes. When Kelly's father made to claim her, so did Kayton's father. When they saw each other's intentions they began to fight. Punches were thrown across the ballroom and the ladies began to become frightened. In the end, no one got the special lady and both men blamed each other for the loss. After recognizing each other's true nature, they vowed to forever remain enemies. They refused to ever see the light in each other's hearts. They can't trust each other anymore. What one thought was a great brother is now a great traitor.

-------------------------

Kelly: I miss you. I miss you like the allure of a beautiful sunrise in the horizon and the crescent moon reflective upon a deep dark lake where all our hidden desires are revealed while admiring the stars.

Me: i know. I miss you too. I miss your touch, your embrace, your sweet scent, the toss of your hair, your angelic halo and the way every part of me lights up when i'm around you.

Kelly: I want to be with you, so badly.

Me: Just wait. Wait for the tempest to stop and clouds to part and sun to appear and soon we can be free. The dark clouds won't last forever. 

Kelly: I'm afraid the time won't come.

Me: It will. I want you to believe in us. I want you to believe in everything we've fought for. Haven't we always achieved what we desired?

Kelly: I'm scared.

Me: Shhh

Kelly: My powerful father may find us. He'll separate us and tear our relationship to shreds. He's a willful soul and our relationship will mean nothing to him if he knows that you're part of it.

Me: We'll have to keep it hidden then. I trusted myself to fall in love with you and so should you. Have a little faith in yourself.

Kelly: Oh Kayton, I'm so scared...

Me: It's okay. I'll protect you. Sleep, my maiden.

----

I tore away from my cell phone and stuffed it in my pocket. It was about 11 pm and i was getting sleepy. 

Slowly i got up from my bed and groped for the light switch. No one in my family was awake at this moment.

I lay on my bed and lay still. I reckon i forgot something. 

I reached for my phone again and deleted Kelly's call history. If anyone finds out we've been connecting with each other, both of us are dead. Or maybe condemned to the other sides of the world. 

When i scrolled down to her messages, my mouth curved up and let out a silent laugh. She was always trying to be humorous and it wasn't her humor that got to me, but the persistent attempts to be funny. 

Suddenly i heard a footstep. It came from outside my room. Quickly i threw down my cellphone and pulled up the covers with such force that it flew over my head. It stayed that way for a few seconds until i quickly straightened it across my body. I faked sleep. I closed my eyes and began a light snore. 

A noise at my window. I stiffened. 

Meow, it said. 

Phew, it was only the stray tabby cat that roamed around the neighborhood. 

I exhaled. Only then did i close my eyes completely for the night and give to restful sleep.

Kelly Pov

Hi I'm Kelly, how could I forgive my beloved family for this well they dug us into? I love him and this is the unfortunate situation we’re in. I promise to try my best to makes both of us happy but hiding and ducking is just not working. I told him I’m scared of it all. I really am. I feel like sometimes I can’t focus. That sometimes I’m losing track of time. Their old, hardwired ways is caging us into a jail where no one really wins in the end. I want to win, so bad.

I was sitting on a bed with my legs entangled and slouching. The caramel desk in front of me with the swivel chair was starting to move. Everything, objects, lamp, pencil, was being taken away, outside my window and fading into the darkness in a white cloud. I lifted my head from the position I was in, caressing my cell and all that, my head swarming with thoughts about Kayton. A look of surprise flitted across my face until I closed my eyes to fall onto my bed. Thud. 2 am and I’m still up. I sluggishly pull my covers to shroud my body.

The morning sun rises at 5 am. I’m awake at 7. Looks like I dreamed about Kayton. The furniture is all back and I finally realize something. I don’t love Kayton anymore. Wait, repeat this again. I don’t love him anymore. He always puts himself first and I never win around him. Not loving him would feel much better. Marcus is much better than Kayton, anyways. This is like I run into a tree or something and it dawns on me that the ‘love’ of my life is imperfect.

 In my dream, I found someone better.

© 2014 Heqi Wang


Author's Note

Heqi Wang
read it and use it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on June 8, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014

Author

Heqi Wang
Heqi Wang

germantown, MD



Writing
Life Story Life Story

A Book by Heqi Wang


The Big Star The Big Star

A Story by Heqi Wang