Daze and Cheryl

Daze and Cheryl

A Story by Heqi Wang
"

a stalker finally finds a girlfriend and betroths to her on Christmas Day.

"

Right after school, i shook off my school uniform, dressed in chic camouflage sportswear and took out my handy dandy binoculars. The girl i want was in sight.

As usual, i ran the short mile route towards the bushes near the sidewalk, squished myself in, and awaited my lovely maiden to walk home. She was sixteen with a dazzling personality and a beautiful figure. She could dance, draw, sing and sew. And was one with high intellect. Her face was always glowing with optimism and her honey voice shook all my troubles away. There she comes.

Her hips swayed side by side underneath her seamless dress while she carried her binder in front of her chest with both arms. Her small backpack was filled with useful school materials in which she used to ace every test. 

Her name is Cheryl. She's Caucasian mixed with Japanese, so she had aquamarine eyes and soft features.

For millions of times i have envisioned carrying her off to a faraway place and spending our sweet time near the beach, just the two of us. 

I wish i could hug her, kiss her, love her, and cherish her.

As she turned around the corner to a new neighborhood, i ducked my head behind parked cars and ran to catch up.

I sighed, if only i could have her. If you don't know me, let me introduce myself. I am Daze Walker and i'm seventeen this year. I go to Millstone High school with Cheryl. We have only one class together, and that is art class. I secretly take photos of her every two seconds.

I've been stalking her for 5 years now, and she will soon be mine. According to my resources, her old boyfriend is moving to Nebraska, which is far away from here in New York. They've been dating for a millennium so i never had a chance. But this year, in the winter, i am asking her to prom. 

I promise to quit all my stalking and turn it into real dating. 

Here's my chance!

As she walked up to her doorstep, i hopped right in front of her and handed her the fresh roses i bought from Giant. 

I took a deep breath. Her appearance was breathtaking and i was nervous. "Cheryl, will you please be my girlfriend?" I asked in the most genteel way i could muster. 

"Wow, Daze. Uhm, i never knew you were so interested in me. I thought we were just friends." She replied shyly, looking at me through her eyelashes. Even our height matches. She was barely a head shorter and it felt comfortable looking at her, all small and delicate.

I waited for more, but she just took the fresh roses and went inside.

Sigh. I turned to leave. What was i thinking? Maybe i should have fostered more of an out of the friend zone relationship first. I ducked my head and--

"Wait! Daze!" She yelled. Huh? Another chance? My hopes spiked up. "You forgot your homework. I have it!"

Oh. My mood darkened again. As i went to retrieve my homework, she got close enough, tilted her head, and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Of course i'll be your girlfriend." She chuckled. "Now you have to tell me why there's a hole in my tree across my bedroom window. You really are a creep, you know!" She meant it in a friendly way and i debated whether to tell her about my stalking plans.

For now, all was good. Inside, i was glad i confronted her today and it made me really happy, almost elated.

<<Changed POV>>

It was the night before Christmas, or rather Christmas Eve. But Cheryl wasn't zealous. She was absent minded and paid no attention to the zest people had building up in their hearts and mind. Her entire family had dressed up her house warmly and with grandiloquence. She helped decorate and sighed half the way through. Sometimes, if too much was on her mind, she'd go for a walk with her dog and encounter the many adornments on the street. If there was one thing to be excited about, it was her boyfriend Daze. They've been dating for a year and she had been so excited last winter when he asked her to prom in advance.

However this winter Daze was nowhere to be found. Ever since his disappearance, Cheryl's heart has been lost in a frenzy. 

She missed his daisies, his cute love songs, his homemade food, and most of all, the guy himself. 

Daze was not with her and she felt a strong longing for him. She missed his touch, his kisses, and feeling the smoothness of his silk curly hair.

And so she carried on her life this way, until Thanksgiving came and passed, and Christmas Eve approached slowly, but it passed too.

On this night, she leaned heavily against her window and blew a kiss to the drifting snow as prayer for Daze's safety. The prayer soothed her heart and she went to bed content for the evening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came and passed and Cheryl lay in her bed snoozing. Her parents and younger brother already ate breakfast and they enjoyed the snow outside. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and there was no one left to open the door except Cheryl. Daze planned it like this. He expected his beloved girlfriend to see him on Christmas Day and for him to spend the day thinking of no one else in the world except her.

Cheryl got up lazily and hurried to open the door before her unknown visitor left.

What a surprise. She let out a happy yelp. Could her dazzling boyfriend have come to see her on Christmas Day after being missing since summer?

Yes. He said. "I have come to retrieve you, Cheryl. I wish to spend the rest of my days with you."

Oh. Her cheeks turned bright pink and it was not so much from the cold as from the happiness rising deep inside her heart.

"Will you marry me?" He knelt down on the snow covered ground and pulled out a ring from his breast pocket. It sparkled like a real white star, the bright diamond.

"Oh Daze.." 

© 2013 Heqi Wang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
Added on December 25, 2013
Last Updated on December 25, 2013
Tags: stalker, girlfriend, christmas day

Author

Heqi Wang
Heqi Wang

germantown, MD



Writing
Life Story Life Story

A Book by Heqi Wang


The Big Star The Big Star

A Story by Heqi Wang