One Soulful Winter

One Soulful Winter

A Story by The Alienist

Hello, everyone hop on. Let us take an enchanting journey into the life of two Maddy and San. By the way, they really stand for Madhu and Sankar. It's not a usually lusty - romantic story you come across over tinder mates. It begins in a beautiful coffee shop. The air is filled with the aroma of the coffee beans being ground. A sleeveless top would give you a slight shivering. The climate of Ooty doesn't top 20-degree Celcius, most of the time. San which is me obviously was sitting in a corner seat with " lust stories " book in my right while the coffee cup was placed on my left. Though it was an open restaurant and being a pleasant evening, I received comments and hesitation in reading lust stories publicly. Except for one, a little charming rose velvet. She smiled at me while I dropped my book, to take a look around. I too smiled back. I could sense the non-judgmental look from her face. As she left I was quite bothered, to be precise quite impressed by her. Hours passed, as I entered Udhagamandalam GH for my work as a medical practitioner. I sensed a sudden change in the climate. A warmth surrounded me gently amidst the usual Foggy weather. I just parked my bike and entered the reception. I heard sisters Nancy's voice. Doctor, we have a newbie was her statement. It's what we call when we have a new staff. I thought it was a nurse and just ignored my way to my space. As things were set, I called the staff to report. Could you believe this? Nancy accompanied the girl from the coffee shop. I acted cool. The introductory phase went well, as I wasn't listening to recall. I got her name. Yeah, it's Madhu. She is really an impeccable Madhu ( booze ). Beautifully dressed in a blue chudhithar. Nancy left to give us some space or she might have noted me blushing while she smiling.
Me - Hey, have a seat Doc
Madhu - Thanks but Doc sounds too formal. Let it be Madhu.
Me - Roger that. Btw have we met before? Coz I remember you from somewhere . ( As if I don't know ).
Madhu - Smart.
Me - Pardon!
Madhu - with a smile. how was lust stories? I mean the book.
Me - I just blushed as I was caught bluffing.
As a colleague we enjoyed both companies, numbers were exchanged. Good morning, good night paved way for late-night chats.
One fine day in the afternoon while we were drinking tea. I gained the courage to ask her out but it went comical.
Me - hey Maddy, can we have a cup of coffee.
Madhu - No San, who drinks coffee just after coffee ?.
Me - With a long face. I just continued. No, I thought of taking you out for a cup of coffee, or a date if you call it so.
An enormous smile poised from her.
Me - Is that a yes?
Madhu - Don't bring lust stories for our date...
The date went well with plenty of laughter and few eye-gazing.
Yeah, you guessed it right. We are officially committed now. The entire hospital staff got to know about us and our romance. Once Nancy caught us cuddling in the corner Isolation room. As imagined things went well as a normal couple, the only part is we haven't done anything more than kissing. I wasn't courageous enough to ask Maddy to move in with me. But it went out to be a curious event.
As we drove off from the hospital, Maddy asked to drive to her instead of the coffee shop which we used to visit daily.
I parked in front of her apartment, she asked me to wait. It's wasn't too long.
A huge suite case was dropped on the back of my car. I was shocked, I looked at her.
Me - what's this Maddy? Are you leaving town or what?
Maddy - Chalo Bhai, Get me to your place. I'm moving in.
Though it was the moment I was expecting but i didn't have enough courage to ask her out.
Things were set in my cozy apartment with a huge lovely argument. The darkness kicked in, while the lights fade out. Her aroma filled with her sweat drove me crazy. While we had a cup of tea enjoying the view out from the balcony. It started to rain.
Maddy - First time I'm enjoying the rain as a couple.
Me - Is it? Really?
Maddy - I wish I was drenched completely holding hand with you in a nowhere place.
Me - Let's go
Maddy - Where?
Me - just get in the car soon.
I just drove to a place where humans had the least trace. It a small tree house on the top of a hill for which obviously I had a key as I owned it. She was wearing a beautiful blue saree with a yellow blouse which Picasso wouldn't mind to have second thoughts
Me - Don't Rush Maddy. You said you wanna hold hands in the rain right ?.
I just came out and opened the door for her, while she climbed out of the car resembling bridesmaid getting out of a chariot. Hands were held tight, standing side by side while shoulder held together.
I turned towards her and pulled her face towards mine.

© 2020 The Alienist


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
Added on July 8, 2020
Last Updated on July 9, 2020
Tags: Medico, doctor, indian, romantic

Author

The Alienist
The Alienist

Yerevan



About
Every single penny has two sides. -Turn around please more..

Writing