The Feast

The Feast

A Chapter by paige burnett

December 4th, 2015

Lyric woke up to the sound of claws scampering across the cold, hard floor.

"Rats are back" she thought

At least she wasn't completely alone again. Lyric had been in the dark for so long. Stuck trapped in four walls with no light. Except for a tiny little hole in the door. About an inch wide. Sometimes when lyric felt so cold and miserable, she would go over to the light and just look at her arm. It was like Christmas each time she looked, so she tried to do it every so often. She didn't want to ruin the warmth she got from it.

Lyric had no idea how much time had passed since she had been in the room. No idea how old she even was. She knew some time must have passed, for her clothes she was wearing when she first came in didn't fit at all. Lyric had actually had to take them off. She used them now as her bed while using her hair as a blanket. That was also an indicator for how long she had been in there, her hair touched the ground.

Lyric often found herself wondering if anyone on the outside world was looking for her. Maybe her kindergarten teacher? Her friends? Well she hadn't had many just a few, but they missed her didn't they?

Lyric hoisted herself up using the wall as a guide to steady herself. She hadn't ate in so long. Her stomach was screaming for food, begging her to feed it, but she would have to wait until her parents brought her something to eat. She hoped it would be soon. She didn't know how much longer she could go. Honestly she knew she wouldn't make it much longer.

Lyric sat back down, well more like fell back down, and heard a loud scream. High pitched and more like a squeak. She felt a warm liquid across her bare bottom. That's when she smelt the smell. The smell of fresh meat. The smell of a feast. Lyric could hardly contain herself. Her stomach rumbled and demanded to be fed right now. Lyric reached underneath her, pushing herself up into a squat position, and wrapped her hand around the plump, juicy creature. Oh god she was so hungry. She lifted the rat up to her mouth and just took a breath in. It smelled strongly of sewer, but somewhere in that smell she smelt the meat. Lyric bit down on the rodent. She had a plan of action, she would drain the blood, skin it with her finger nails, and then enjoy her meal. The rat was now shaking in her hand, probably knowing it would soon be taking its last breath. Lyric didn't care. She bit down, hard, on the stomach of the nasty thing, and blood started squirting out. Lyrics stomach growled and she realized she wanted to drink. She wanted it now. She put her mouth up to the hole and a warm sensation traveled down her throat and into her stomach. Lyric kept sucking and sucking until there was nothing else to drink. The rat was limp, and deflated. It was time to skin so she could finally eat. She took her fingernail and started at the rats head, pushing down and dragging her nail toward her. The skin came off so easily lyric was surprised. It was like slicing into a birthday cake.

It took lyric a short amount of time to get the rat completely naked and ready to eat. She had nevr ate a rat before, she hadn't even thought to. And honestly she was kind of disgusted with herself, but at this point she didn't even care. If she didn't eat this rat she would starve to death.

Lyric brought the rodent up to her lips and then she lost all control. She took a bite ripping the head off. She felt the whiskers inside her mouth but she just chewed anyways, spitting out the crushed skull. She swallowed and felt the delicious meat slide down her throat, almost too thick to make it down. Lyric took another bite. This time getting only intestines and arteries. They felt like worms inside her mouth. Cold and slimy. One was hanging out hitting her chin. She used her tongue to flick it back into her mouth. Only having less then half of the rat left she started biting most of the remains off of the legs and ribs. To make sure she got every bit of meat and organ out of that rat she licked every inch of the bones, her tongue rubbing against the rough yet smooth new toy.

After it was over with, lyric was upset by having no more. So she found fun in playing with the skeleton of the poor rat. She had gotten used to being in the dark, which made it easier to enjoy her tine spent with the lost soul.

Lyric played for hours making the rat talk to her and sing to her. She played until she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. Her eyelids fluttered shut as she drifted to the ground, snuggling with the non complete skeleton, And drifted off the sleep dreaming of the day she would get out of the room. Dreaming of the day she would see light again. Dreaming of living her life in the way she had never got to before. 







© 2015 paige burnett


Author's Note

paige burnett
What do you think of how I described things? Am I on the right track for this story?
Also ignore grammar problems please! Very rough draft!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So now I have a very vivid taste in my mouth of what freshly killed rat is supposed to taste like and as gross as it is I feel you gave a necessary amount of detail to the scene. Although you probably shouldn't have had her eat the guts of the rat considering that's going to cause some serious problems for her health, or lack thereof, in the future (but maybe you know that). I think you should add some meat in the prologue to explain why they hate her so much, why she thinks they hate her. Did she do something? Are they poor? I also agree with ChinAllen that the box she's been forced, I think it's a closet or a cellar, does in fact stunt her mental growth quite a bit and it's only worse that she's nearly starved to death on a regular basis.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think you are on the right track. You have left me wanting to know more about what happened to this girl, how much time has passed, and why her parents are so horrible. It's like her playing with the bones. To me, it makes me understand what this box has done to her and how she is still childish. The detail is great , I love detail in general, so more the merrier. I'm invested in this story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I want to provide a review for both parts here.. um In the first part the cruelties aforemention are not really explained or justified.. in the second part there seems to be evidence of cause and effect maybe for lyric but the parents come off as monsters without cause.. like I was expecting a divorce.. or infidelity.. lyrics character is well explained and makes sense though.. and I noticed that her mother was really nonchalant about what lyrics father said to the girl.. like she acted as though it was normal but at the same time wanted to cheer up the girl? or was she being condescending?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015
Tags: gore, horror


Author

paige burnett
paige burnett

saint joseph, MO



Writing
Savior Savior

A Book by paige burnett


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by paige burnett