Chapter 2 - Déjà Vu - a sneak peek

Chapter 2 - Déjà Vu - a sneak peek

A Chapter by Ollivia Everette
"

Genre: gothic-fiction (supernaturals), semi-fiction, action, mystery, thriller, young adult, contemporary, slice of life.

"

11:17am

After a quick lunch with her friend, Aliena went to the school's small library.

Some of the ceiling fans were on, a few other students here and there sat near the air conditioner, rows and rows of bookshelves cramped up together at the other end of the room.

Shivering, she unwrapped the cardigan from her waist and slipped it on. The girl went to the very back of the library�"hidden and away from everyone, has a wall fan in the corner, and where the few English books are kept at.

She dropped her old school bag on the tile floor, moving it with her foot to be out of the way before she sat down and leaned her back against the short bookshelf.

Aliena took an old dusty book out, careful with how she held it. The unique smell of books replaced her earlier annoyance. A sense of peace washed over her.

Even so, she had difficulty reading, the words a blur to her. Her mind recalled the face, the expression, the look in her friend's eyes from earlier. She wondered if she was actually wrong.

"What was that face..."

Her brows no longer frowned from her throbbing headache. The book in her lap slipped to the side and red arrowed tail stopped the it from closing on itself.

In a part of the room where the light doesn't cast down on�"the devil with black hair and a brownish tinge from last night sat beside her.

He hummed a soft lullaby, an angelic voice it was while digging the dirt out from under his nails. When he saw that she fell asleep, he smiled.

The devil�"who's name is still unknown�"leaned closer. his clawed hand reached out and chivalrously played with a lock of her white hair. "Ẅ̵͇̼́h̸́�-̤ȁ̸̖t̸̜̄ ̷�'̣a̶͚͂ͅm̶͕̋̏ ̵͈̓̋Î̵̜ ̶̥̂ġ̸͙̘ö̶͉́ĭ̵͖̼̿n̷̝͍͂ǵ̶̡̱͝ ̶̫͠t̸̜͊̆ǫ̸͎͌̇ ̴͖͕̈́́d̷͇͚̾ó̸̡̺̈́ ̴�-̉͜w̵̜̩̄̕ị̵̇̈t̴̡̙̉h̵̞̃̉ ̶̝̞̆y̷̩͐͌o̵�-̧͐ú̴̮͂?̷̺̌�""

Aliena stirred slightly, making him retract his hand away. His red eyes narrowed as he looked between her and his hand.

Shaking the thought away, he hummed the lullaby once more and fiddled with the  golden pendant around his neck.


© 2024 Ollivia Everette


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on August 14, 2024
Last Updated on August 14, 2024
Tags: gothicfiction, supernaturals, devils, luciddreams, youngadult


Author

Ollivia Everette
Ollivia Everette

Thailand



About
♦writer & artist♣ you'll receive knowledge and solace🕯️ focus: Wonderland of Dreams, Dottore fic✒️ writes semi-fiction, dark themes, human nature🃏 .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ollivia Everette