No More Bubble

No More Bubble

A Story by Anonymous

            No More Bubble
When you grow up you are protected and constantly monitored, monitored to make sure you are doing good in life and you are safe as well as happy. Then when you hit 18 you are no longer looked after, most teens love the freedom and the feel of being an adult. Then the bubble pops, you realize you are on your own. No longer having someone to teach you about life you have to learn by failing they say. You are thrown in a tornado of new world experiences and have to grow up even if you do not feel prepared it is up to you to do everything. The thoughts of "what if I can't do it?" "What if I mess everything up?" constantly beat in your head day and night. You are all alone and you can't show any weakness, you can't show that you are scared. You have to stand tall with a straight face and act like you are okay but you're not. You are holding your entire life in your hands and if you mess up it can cause all your dreams to fail. We have always had our parents make major decisions for us, to tell us what to do, but now every choice falls on our shoulders. You don't want to be treated like a child so you hold your tongue when people ask you about going to college and moving out. I started responding the truth when asked the same questions and said "terrified". The responses were all the same, "you'll be fine", "Oh don't be",and "theres no reason to be". When moving out we are surrounded by strangers, we sleep and eat by someone we don't know. If unable to adapt we will drown, if not in real world problems then in our own anxiety. We never know how comfortable we are until our whole world is flipped upside down. We pick classes that represent our entire future, if we change our minds we start all over. Everyone is competing to be the best, the best student, have the best social life, and the best financial situation. We are meant to start dating the one we think of marrying, the rest of our lives depend on our decisions we make today and the thought of how last year I had to be home by midnight and now I hold my entire future terrifies me. And I'm guessing I am not the only one that is scared of life. 

© 2016 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 29, 2016
Tags: life, college, childhood, adult, bubble, panic