I - First Night

I - First Night

A Chapter by Noelle Leveritt
"

Such a short chapter, the rest will be longer.

"

Avery POV

"It's gonna be so great!" My friend, Jasmine yelled into my ear. I batted my hands at her, spilling a couple of pieces of popcorn onto the auditorium's lobby floor.

"Shut up! I'm going to be deaf by the end of the night, seeing as I'm sitting by you." She shot me a glare.

"You're such a stick in the mud. C'mon, Av, all you ever do is study! I wish you would get out more, do some more stuff, you know, hang out with some new people, make some friends for once. I mean, look at you! I had to beg to get you to come here and it's a Friday night! I just don't understand-" I rolled my eyes and cut her off before she went into the usual speech.

"Shush. I have... uh, friends. I do! They're just.... busy. Yeah, that's all, they're busy." It was her turn to roll her eyes.

"You always get so angry when I mention that you don't have friends. Reason being: you don't. I'm the only one, ain't I special?" She elbowed me, chuckling. I felt my cheeks heat and I narrowed my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go sit." We wandered into the theater part of the auditorium, looking up and down the rows to find our numbered seats.

"K, L, M, N, O, P! Here's our row, Jas!" I said, looking behind me to find Jasmine writing what I'm assuming is her number on a random guy's arm. I mentally face-planted.

"Jasmine Rosalinda Montez!" I yelled. She immediately turned, the guy as well, her eyes widening, cheeks becoming red. I chuckled to myself, preparing for the long speech that she was about to give me as soon as she stopped trying to get another hookup buddy. She said her goodbyes to Mr. Mystery, and he gave her a wink before sitting down. She angrily trotted over to me. 

Oh, god. Did I really just think "angrily trotted?" Maybe Jas is right, I don't get out enough.

"Avery Willow James, on what planet do you think embarrassing me in front of a really hot guy is okay? Because I'm here to inform you that we are on planet Earth, and that kind of humiliation is not acceptable or tolerable. I would give you a glare, but I am way too traumatized at the moment." She crossed her arms, turning away from me and letting out a frustrated huff.

"Okay, okay, okay. Can we just sit down?" She sighed, walking into the row as I followed her. We found our seats quickly, sitting down. I placed the popcorn into the seat next to me.

Well, well, look at that. I don't even have to hold the popcorn. Maybe this night isn't as bad as I thought.

A throat cleared beside me. I turned my eyes towards my right to be met with a guy who looked to be about my age. His eyes were a dark blue, his skin tainted with an olive tan. He looked like a football captain, or at least one of the players on the team. My eyes widened, my mouth opening to gape at him.

"I would say I'm flattered that you're practically eye-raping me, but unfortunately, that seat that you've placed your popcorn in is mine." He smirked, leaning down to show me his ticket. He was indeed sitting next to me. I pulled the popcorn from the seat next to me, placing it on my lap instead. When he sat down, his cell phone dropped out of his sweatshirt pocket onto the floor. I leaned down to pick it up, and the popcorn spilled, my phone dropping with it.

"God, you're clumsy." My blush intensified, and he leaned down to pick them both up, slamming his head against mine. I groaned, and he chuckled. I swear, this guy has to be the most annoying person alive.

He handed me my cell, and we continued to watch the play in silence, completely unaware that we had the wrong phones.



© 2016 Noelle Leveritt


Author's Note

Noelle Leveritt
No comments that are bad opinions of another user, please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016


Author

Noelle Leveritt
Noelle Leveritt

Madison, MS



About
An aspiring writer* wattpad for writing: -mkalright- wattpad for graphics: graphicsbyanonymous (obviously i'm no longer anonymous fanfiction: noelleleveritt writerscafe: noelleleveritt scriboph.. more..

Writing