Marijuana

Marijuana

A Poem by nishantshah2381
"

Penned on July 17 2008

"

While his corpse doped for a ephemeral bliss,
The pall enshrouded on his face.
Now counting the beads on his bed,
He journeyed the land myriads away.

Twirling his fingers in gamut of smoke,
he discoursed with the silhoutte of hope.
He passed his verdict as if king of this realm,
But still he is pauper in his own destiny.

A sudden shimmer of light on his cones,
A array of roll to whom he is mere pawn.
In his bedlam he lighted another delusion, 
and descended the Green Goddess, 
to accompany him in his eternal dream.

© 2011 nishantshah2381


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh the topic of "drugs"..
A fond category of mine, and is certainly almost like the topic of "religion".
Both has sides which are more than willing to prove each other wrong, and almost none of the groups have complying terms.
Personally, I don't think "everyone" should smoke marijuana cause it's not for everyone some people can't handle it. But EVERYONE should have a choice to or not to. also to me, describing drugs (which are found as natural occurrences within the world) as something awful and evil is like telling another person his religion is wrong and a belief of pure ignorance. It's the same menacing concept I find.
Now personal explanation outta the way, now for the poem:
I do love the descriptiveness and metaphorical imagery of the poem. It's worth noting of some excellence to it's potency. It's pretty amazing, I have to give it that. The first stanza is totally one of wonders for its awesome description of what seems to be more like the effect of a depressant form of ecstasy (where you have to touch and love everything in the world but your so pumped up it's crazy) and the transition to the next stanza which is filled full of imagery of a man that seems to be overcomed by greed and gluttony of his drug which made him crown himself and then put his own "s**t on a pedestal" so one would say.
Truly no constructive criticism needed I find, even if the poem may conflict with some views of my own. 100/100, excellent work mate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Personally I do not think people should smoke marijuana because I agree with coyote poetry. To me it really is a death of will and mind, I know people go through a lot (I'm on of them) but, I dont think using marijuana to take the worries away for a while helps anything. Great poem, very creative. Love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Marijuana is a slow death of will and mind. When you smoke a drug that depressed and blind you from life and problems. You become afraid and lost. I like your description of the effect of marijuana. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


great work!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


"and descended the Green Goddess, to accompany him in his eternal dream."- Very nice! I love the metaphor used in this piece. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good combinations with dynamic aplomb.

Posted 13 Years Ago


funny nice flow good imagery I liked it



Posted 13 Years Ago


Humorous and brilliant. Humorous because of the subject matter, and brilliant because of the imagery. Very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, magical and triply - great read, well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


This has an almost mythical mystical feel to it. The Green Goddess is a unique way of describing his smoke. I love the contrast between passing judgment like a king but still is a pauper.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2011
Last Updated on April 23, 2011

Author

nishantshah2381
nishantshah2381

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..