The Way God Made Me

The Way God Made Me

A Story by Diane Fisher
"

Good, good people.

"

 

            Something on the front page of the campus paper caught my eye, an upside-down triangle with a cluster of gender symbols in the center. I picked up the paper and skimmed the article. The much-disputed LGBT group on the little Catholic campus was being disputed… as usual.
            Somewhere in the article, I glimpsed a name I recognized: Sister Anita, a favorite professor of mine. Her quote said, “No matter a person’s persuasion or how they live, they are still human beings directed by God and deserve respect.”
            I quickly marked the passage in lavender pen and made my way to Sister Anita’s office. She greeted me, asked what brought me there. I held out the paper, indicating the underlined passage, “Thank you. You just made my day.”
            She smiled, nodded, wanted to know why that was. I pondered my answer for a moment before responding frankly, “Because I’m gay.”
            She stood, held her arms out to me, and told me, “You are the way God made you to be.”

© 2009 Diane Fisher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was pretty good, a little confuzzling. I love the idea! I've never had a religious figure ever tell me that but it was beautiful none the less!
-Eloise :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2009

Author

Diane Fisher
Diane Fisher

IN



About
Hi there, Diane here! I'm currently studying elementary education in college. I do a lot of art, both visual art and writing. I have well over 50 characters that I use in my art and writing, though I .. more..

Writing