a bad joke chapter 10 : This house is not a home

a bad joke chapter 10 : This house is not a home

A Chapter by nightmask
"

many skeletons from Jane's past are revealed

"

 Jane and iocus walked into her house, it looked like a mansion inside and out. “Dad?” Jane yelled into the huge house. “Kitchen” her dad replied. Jane led Iocus into the left hallway from the entrance and went into the kitchen which was bigger then the school’s cafeteria. Her father was eating Lasagna at a very long table covered with all types of food. “Oh I didn’t know you were bringing someone home” Mr. Bedlam said switching his attention to Iocus and sneered.

 

        “Jane, I’d like to speak with you” a woman said appearing behind Iocus entering the kitchen. “Mom?” Jane asked turning, unlike Mr. Bedlam who had black hair like jane she had blonde hair  so pale it looked like the inside of a banana peel. Her mom took jane outside of the kitchen and closed the door. Leaving iocus alone with her father, but not for long as he left through another door announcing he had to use the bathroom. Iocus couldn’t help, but go over to the closed kitchen door and listen in to see if Jane was all right.

 

        “Mom, he’s just a guy I like!” Iocus recognized the voice as Jane’s. He opened the door a creak to watch. “I know your not innocent Jane! You f*****g s**t! You don’t know anything! stupid f*****g w***e!”her mom fired these harsh words at her. “Mom, I am not!” Jane yelled back at her mom nearing tears. “I know you are!” her mother shrieked and grabbed Jane’s wrist. “You even cut yourself too, don’t you?!”her mom said spitting turning over Jane’s arm revealing a scar. “That’s a burn I got as a kid, you know that! You’ve been drinking again!” Jane said tears creeping out of her eyes. The father then ran in and went in front of the mom. 

 

        “Akatha! your drunk. Leave Jane alone she’s done nothing! She is my daughter not yours. GET. OUT.” he commanded his voice trickling venom into every word. Jane’s mom glared at Mr. Bedlam “I don’t drink, both of you are liars! And she’s the biggest liar of all!” her mom cried pointing at Jane who was wiping her tears. Mr. Bedlam pointed towards the door “OUT. NOW” he said. Jane’s mom began to stagger towards the door disoriented from how drunk she was. She then turned swiftly and slapped Jane across the face who was caught of guard and fell to the ground.

 

        Mr. Bedlam grabbed his former wife and opened the door  and shoved her out and slammed it in her face. Jane got up caressing her cheek “are you ok?” Mr. Bedlam asked. Jane nodded “I’m fine” she said darkly and they both went back into the kitchen. Iocus ran to the table to seem as if he’d been good and waited for them. Jane went over to him “did you hear that?” she asked, “Not if you didn’t want me to” he said. “how about we all just calm down and eat” Mr. Bedlam said pulling out a chair for Jane then sitting in his own.

 

        Jane ate slowly looking as if she’d break down in tears if she ate any faster. Everyone ate in silence while the forks talked the whole time scraping against plates. When everyone finished, jane got everyone’s plates and put them in the sink. “I’ll dot that, go upstairs with Iocus” Mr. Bedlam said getting up. Jane and Iocus got up and went up the huge stairs and passed numerous rooms till they arrived at a red door with black swirls covering it, Jane’s room. Jane sat on her bed “My mom” she started her throat dry. “You don’t have to talk about this” Iocus said concerned. “I want to, she’s very sick...... after my brother died she started drinking and screwed up all our lives so my dad divorced her” Jane explained. Iocus quietly listened.

 

        “How old was your brother?” Iocus asked. “Six, he got hit by a car and died from internal bleeding” she replied frowning. “I’m sorry” he said sitting down next to her. Her cheek had a red mark on it from where she got slapped. “You wanna put some ice on that?” he asked pointed at her cheek. Jane shook her head. 



© 2009 nightmask


Author's Note

nightmask
please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch! No one deserves to be psuhed, like that
Like your new chapter it's dramtic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2009


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask