a bad joke 5: I've just seen a face

a bad joke 5: I've just seen a face

A Chapter by nightmask
"

the song is by the beatles :)

"

 Jane looked up “Iocus? I.... I left my sweater in the closet yesterday..... was gonna get it ..... ow” she explained and apparently she had hit her head “why were you in the closet?” she asked. “I was helping Mrs. Moon with some boxes and got locked in” he said. “Oh..... ok, um sorry, but could you kinda get off Iocus?” she laughed, both of them embarrassed. “K, sorry-” a b ox of opened paint bottles cut him off as it smacked the back of his head then fell to the side. “Soft?..... wet?... what’s that smell?..... lavender.......” he thought as black illuminated his mind for a few sharp seconds and blinded him. Then he saw everything and it wasn’t pretty. 

 

        He was kissing Jane on the lips with paint all over his hair and shirt. He immediately jumped off of her  and helped her up. “Aww crap, look I’m really sorry, damn paint box” Iocus muttered. Jane was blushing as she pushed a strand of black hair behind her ear “No it’s ok, you have paint all over you” she said. Iocus grimaced “I know” Jane helped him clean up the closet with some wet towels. “come with me” Jane said bringing him to the video room. “Wash your hair in the sink, I’ll go find another shirt for you” she said. Iocus turned on the sink and Jane left. 

 

        Iocus groaned into the the sink as he watched the colors of paint dissolve down the drain “hey at least you kissed her and she doesn't hate you for it” he said to himself. Iocus rolled his eyes “she probably thinks I’m a spazz and that I’m a stalker or something” he countered back at himself. He scrubbed his hair till no more paint came out then attempted to get some paint off of his shirt and arms. Jane then came back with a school sweater, she tossed it to Iocus “the school store was out of shirts, you’ll have to settle for a sweater” she said. He shrugged and ducked behind a desk to change.

        

        “Thanks” he said standing up with his ruined shirt in his hands “Listen I’m really sorry for falling on you....... and kissing you” he said apologetically. “I never said I didn’t like it Iocus” Jane said moving closer to him. “your not mad?” he asked confused. “No, and since were on the topic of apologizing I’m going to have to say sorry for this...” Jane said and kissed him on the cheek. “Your sweet, not many guys are Iocus” Jane said smiling. Iocus could think of nothing to say. Jane went over to the sink and washed some paint off of the ends of her hair. 

 

        “What if your boyfriend finds out? He’ll kill me!” Iocus said. “No he won’t” Jane said” we broke up 2 months ago you didn’t know?” she asked looked at him while wringing out her wet hair. He shook his head no. “Oh there you guys are” mrs. moon said walking in “I didn’t know where you guys went” she said smiling. Jane and Iocus followed Mrs. Moon back into the art room. Jane and Iocus talked the rest of the period while Iocus played with Jane’s phone. “I still can’t believe you have no cell phone, I feel so bad for you!” Jane said smiling as he used her phone like it was a time machine asking the most weirdest questions about it.

 

        “I don’t really need one” he said shrugging. Jane got up as the 4th period bell rang “hey do you wanna walk me to class?” she asked “Um ok” he said getting his stuff and following her out the door. They walked together down the hallway filled with cliques, people running. They stopped in front of her social studies class “bye Jane” he said not wanting to say goodbye “bye Iocus” she said then she leaned in and kissed him quickly then smiled and walked into her class. A few bystanders whistled at him, it didn’t bother him he felt elated as he went down to his lunch period.

 

        When he got home he called Archie “hey man are we still seeing hell’s end?” he asked. “Ya sorry I wasn’t at school today, I slept it” archie explained. “i’ll pick you up ok?” archie said and hung up. Iocus grabbed his jack Skellington wallet and stuffed it into his jeans then got out his glasses and put them on. He heard a car honking a few minutes later, Iocus left a note for his parents who were on a date and ran outside.



© 2008 nightmask


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like school when I went
Everyone had to whistle or cheer
When you kissed on the cheek
Liking this

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 27, 2008
Last Updated on December 28, 2008


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask