a bad joke chapter 2 high school never ends

a bad joke chapter 2 high school never ends

A Chapter by nightmask
"

a school day for iocus

"

 My best friend’s name is Archie Nails, we sit together on the bus everyday to scarlet high. Unlike my bright orange hair Archie wears glasses and has chin length inky black hair with silver stripes in it bringing out his yellow cat eyes. My eyes are green , but they actually look more gray. Archie is a bit taller than me,  but everyone is, my dad says it’s because I have to eat differently then everyone else. 

        

        This morning we got on the bus together as always “hey man did you do the english home work?” Archie asked. I nodded “yeah you just write a poem it’s easy.” Archie nodded “kay, thanks” he smiled and put on his headphones. When we finally got to school we both went our separate classes. I had math first, my worst subject. I put on my glasses and began to copy the board. 

        

        My teacher Mr. Carver handed out worksheets after the Do now which I carefully finished until the much anticipated bell rang. I then went upstairs to my english class. I loved english it was my second favorite subject next to art. I went to my seat next to Archie who was scribbling like a mad man a last minute poem in his notebook. He turned to me panicked “quick what rhymes with orange?!” he whispered. I couldn’t help but snicker “nothing dum dum, here let me do it for you.” I said seizing his notebook. Minutes later I had produced a half decent poem I tore it out and handed him the paper and the book. “Dude do I owe you!” he said relaxing as Mrs. Jacobs at perfect timing came in, a coffee mug in one hand and another on the attendance sheet. “Ok, I trust everyone did their homework last night, because were going to be reading them out loud then were going to analyze it. Today we’ll just do .... Jack, Evan, Billy and Iocus in that order.” As she read off each name the owner of the name looked up. I groaned and slouched in my seat and began to doodle on my folder.

        

        Jack a tall black guy went up and said the shortest poem ever so we were able to analyze it quickly, I tuned out till we were almost done discussing Billy’s. “Mr. Read if you will” the teacher said pointing out my lack of attention that it was my turn. I nodded and went up. “Crap” I thought I hate public speaking. I cleared my voice, but was too embarrassed to do it loud enough for it to work right. I sat on the stool she provided for us almost slipping off the wooden base. “Look up at the heart of darkness trickle down your vein.” I said slowly feeling my face turn red and the floor began to rock back and forth. “Emo, Freak” I heard a few jerks whisper. I rolled my eyes and continued the rest then handed it to the teacher embarrassed as hell and rushed to my seat.

        

        The teacher flicked on the power point and began to write notes on my poem and then asked questions to other students about their opinions and such. Archie flicked a note on my desk it read: hey dude want to go check out a movie on friday? I quickly replied and flicked it back to him: what movie? I asked. Archie scribbled something and tossed it back: Hell’s end 3 rise of the zombies. I crinkled up the note and shoved it in my pocket and mouthed “ok” to him.

 

        Archie and Iocus had Bio next with the most boring teacher in the whole universe. Mrs. Graper, how he detested her class as does everyone. Iocus took slow steps to her class dreading it to an extreme, thank god today was a “B” day so he only had one period of hell with her. Mrs. Graper came in smiling unaware of how no one wanted to be there, other than Taylor Fig a stupid popular stuck up b***h. “Ok class I know this is not relating to Biology, but I felt the need to inform you that ...” Immediately Iocus ignored her annoying voice and drifted off. Why was Bio so boring when she taught? he wondered as he watched the clock multiplying each minute by 60 to get the seconds that were left.

        

        Finally when the end of the day came he ran outside only to stop by the entrancing fall of flurry snow. He smiled it was so pretty if only it wasn’t so damn cold. He zipped up his sweater more and headed out toward the long line of ugly colored buses. Someone began to chuck ice at people making them jump and run. The guy then spotted Iocus and got ready to throw, all he could think to do was flinch and guard his head with his arm. “Crack!” he opened his eyes it hadn’t hit him. He looked around and saw Jane from his art class grasping her head. “Jane are you ok?!” he yelled running to where she had fallen.



© 2008 nightmask


Author's Note

nightmask
Hope u like the picture is what archie looks like :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it but I wish you would describe stuff a little more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For an easier read, start a new paragraph when switching between speakers in dialogue. Otherwise it can be a tad confusing for the reader.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this so far I will read more in a few.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2008
Last Updated on December 28, 2008


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hobo...Part Two Hobo...Part Two

A Story by Rain


Hobo...Part One Hobo...Part One

A Story by Rain