Monsoon eve

Monsoon eve

A Story by naishaxyx

It was a monsoon evening with the smell of wet mud and sweet sound of rain drops. She sat by her huge glass window in her clean and cozy apartment with some coffee and fresh biscottis, she had just enjoyed a long bath after a three-hour long massage and was in a complete relax state. She had put on a fresh white cotton kurta and had left her waist length hair open as they were still wet from the bath. She smelled of lilies and lavender mix with her own aura. She had designated the coming evening to write and read to summon her day. Her helper Sara had left her apartment after the usual cleaning and prepping up a bunch of ingredients for some late dinner, she usually liked to be by herself by night and cooked for herself. As she walked past the living room and sat by the window where the chimes were ringing because of the wild wind, she took a mighty slip beneath her pink pouty lips. She sat down by the table on the floor rug and kept the coffee mug on the table with her long delicate hands, water was dripping down her white kurta because of her wet long hair. She switched on her laptop to check for emails. She scrolled through them glancing by every email without opening any. Ping! She received a message on her message icon ,she opened that. It was a message from a friend saying he might drop by later that night as it had been a while she had seen him. She suddenly smashed down her laptop and took a huge gulp of her coffee and breathing out a sigh. Staring outside at the raindrops, she then picks up her phone and replies to her friend’s message saying she will be too busy working tonight and has no time to play, “maybe, next weekend?!” she said.
She took a rough bite of her almond flavored biscotti and slid opened the glass window baring her hands into the smashing raindrops as if trying to catch them She stood there thinking, why she is the way she is and why she cant be just a normal outgoing human just like all the other people she knew. She went back to the table and sat in her spot comfortably wiping the water off of her hands. She then pulled out the stack of papers from beneath the table and started reading them through roughly marking and making dew changes with her pen. After few hours It was 8 pm and she was starting to feel hungry but since she had denied all her friends she had no dinner plans on a Saturday night which didn’t seem to bother her, or astonishingly she looked forward to her night. The rain had stopped. She stood up and walked barefoot towards her kitchen, it was amazing how someone so beautiful had the amount of insecurities she shouldered. She was a perfect 5’7 with chiseled facial features, big dark brown eyes, luminous skin that was a bit pale but still dewy from the bath. Wavy brown her and a naturally beautiful figure of a perfect 10 women. Also she practiced yoga since she was 14. 
She entered the white and cherry colored kitchen, it was her favorite space in her house.  She hurriedly looked through her fridge and took some ingredient’s out for a quick salad, she enjoyed cooking, it made her feel in control. She went back to her living room and towards her bar, there she had an expansive collection of only three types of alcohol- wine, gin & tequila. She went behind the bar and took out a bottle of Hayman’s gin. She put some crushed ice in a wine glass, added a lemon and orange wedge and filled the glass with gin. She took a small sip of her glass and walked towards her room. She decided to have her own sweet Saturday night in. She picked up her house phone and speed dialed a number, she then ordered a large extra cheese margarita pizza. She kept down the phone and switched on her fancy music system and played some jazz tunes. She looked into the mirror as if not recognizing what she saw. She walked towards her closet and picked out a long black tube dress, slipped into the dress and put on some cherry lip stain and some mascara. She wore her little diamond studs and tied her hair in a loose bun. She stood up and picked out a pair of nude Louboutins and wore them to finish off her look for her solo dinner night. She went back to the living room. She picked up her phone and took a hurried picture of herself, sending it to the friend who was supposed to drop by saying “heading out, please don’t drop by, see you later” and left her phone on the couch. She then picked up her drink from the bar and walked into the kitchen. Behind the kitchen door was a light pink color apron, she put it on and took out a chopping board and diced some fresh cherry tomatoes from the bunch of ingredients she had picked out earlier. 
She picked out a huge bowl added all the other ingredients to it sprinkled some oil to it and mixed it with a wooden spatula. She took the bowl and went out placed it on her four seater glass dining table. She went back to the bar to fix herself another drink, she took a bite of her salad and looked at the wall where there was a classic white roman numeral clock. It had almost been an hour since she had placed her order she was starting to feel she might not even get her delivery because of the rain or maybe just because she had become such a regular customer that the people had just forgotten about her order. She downs her 5th drink eats the tomatoes out of her salad.  Suddenly the bell rings. She feels surprised and satisfied at the same time. The bell rings again with a loud muscular voice calling her name, “Natasha ma'am, it’s the pizza guy”  she walks towards the door and peeps through the hole, it was him.. finally she mutters. 
She opens the door and the oddly tall and bald pizza guy gives her a sorry look for not being on time. He then tries to make a small talk by looking at her and questioning if she has someone over looking at her dressed up attire. She smiles and says I’m almost always alone jack. He slides her the pizza in confusion and further asks “Oh! Quick bite before a hitting the club then?” she looks him in the eyes and just gives him a faint smile before walking back in the house to get some cash. She takes out her purse from her bedside drawer and is contemplates if she should tip the guy or not. As she leans down to place her wallet back in the drawer she suddenly….

© 2017 naishaxyx


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on May 25, 2017
Last Updated on May 25, 2017

Author