Just one wish

Just one wish

A Chapter by Natalie

   When I woke up, I was on the couch bed. Looking behind me, I saw Kenji, Misaki laying in front of me. Kenji's arm was around my stomach and would tighten when I tried to move. Poking him in the shoulder, he groaned and pulled me closer.

   " It's too early, go back to sleep." He said, opening his eye's then closing them.

   " Kenji, let me up." I rolled over as best as I could.

   " But I don't want to." He said, holding me tighter.

   " But you're going to. Or I'm gonna pee on the bed." Getting him to let go off me, I sat up. Misaki yawned and looked at me.

   " Morning 'Zuki." She said.

   " Hey, 'Zuki. Hi 'Saki" Azumi said coming into the room.

   " Morning 'Zumi." We crossing our legs so she could sit.

   " You feel better?" Azumi asked, looking at me. Misaki crawled into my lap.

   " What do you mean? I feel fine." I asked looking back at her.

   " We couldn't wake you up for anything. So what did you dream about?" She asked, looking at Kenji, who had scooted closer to me.

   " Just when we were attacked by the gang."

   " Oh I almost forgot about that. That's when you two started acting like you are now."

   " Yea." Kenji said, sitting up. Looking at me he added," So what happened to having to pee?"

   " Kenji?" I asked looking at him.

   " Yea." He said scooting closer to me again.

   " Get out." I said, smiling at him.

   " Man, and this time I was sure you were going to kiss me." He said, leaning back.

   " Why would I do that?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him. After he looked away and blushed, he looked back at me and shook his head.

   " You wouldn't, just a dream I had. Another crashed down."

   " Do you have these dreams often?"

   " No." He blushed and looked away, then said, " Yes."

   " Kenji! You perve monkey!" Azumi popped him in the head as she left.

   " Misaki, no more monkeys jumping on the bed." I said, getting off the bed. Walking to the bathroom, I heard Misaki tell Kenji,

   " I'm not a monkey."

   After taking a shower, brushing my teeth and hair, and putting on deodorant, I walked out in a towel.

   " 'Zuki's in nothing' but a towel. I thought I would never see the day." Kenji said in a southern accent, watching me. I looked at him, waited until Misaki turned around, and flipped him off.

   " Very mature, 'Zuki. By the way, you should walk around in a towel more often." Grabbing mine and Misaki's duffel bags, I walked back into the bathroom and got dressed.

   " 'Saki, come on. Time for a bath."

   " But I don't need a bath." She said.

   " Yes, you do, come on." After a minute, Misaki ran into the bathroom and hopped in the tub. " That's my monkey."

   " I'm not a monkey."

   " Whatever you say, 'Saki."

   Getting Misaki washed was not as easy as it looked. Getting her in the tub was the easiest part, wetting her down was a lot harder.

   " Misaki, where did you get these bruises?" I said, holding up her arm. She had them everywhere.

   " I don't know."

   " Misaki." I said looking her straight in the eye. She started to cry and I pulled her into a hug. Wiping away her tears, I kissed her head.

   " He said not to tell anyone or he would kill you." She said when she had calmed down. Pulling her out of the tub, I dried her off and put her into one of my over sized T-shirt.

   Walking out of the bathroom, I saw Osamu and Azumi sitting on the floor in front of the couch bed, trying to put together my game systems. After I put Misaki on the bed, she crawled over to Azumi. I sat on the bed and I put my head in my hands.

   " Mizuki? What’s wrong?" Azumi said sitting next to me. When I had everyone's attention, I said three words.

   " He hit her." Kenji pulled me into his arms. Azumi went to Misaki and picked her up. Walking back to the bed, she pulled up the back of the shirt. Her back was covered in bruises, as was her legs, and arms.

   " Why didn't we notice before?" Osamu asked, holding Misaki close to him.

   " We have to call CPS." Azumi said, rubbing Misaki's head.

   " I'll take care of it." Kenji said, letting go of me. Walking over to his bag, he pulled out his phone. He always had emergency numbers for things like this. After calling them, he hung up and walked back to the bed. Picking up Misaki, he walked out of the door, the rest of us behind him. Dropping Misaki off at her friends, we explained what had happened to her friends mother.

    Walking to my house, we walked in through the front door. My mother was home, cooking. My father no where in site. When I asked my mother where he was, all she said was,

   " I don't know."

   " Mother quit lying for him." I said, looking at her with disgust on my face and in my eye's. My mother always did this. She would lie and lie for him, then he would come in from somewhere and get a beer out of the fridge. " I'm tired of this s**t mother, where is he?"

   " Why would I tell you where he is?" She said putting down her knife and looking at me. When she turned completely towards me, she had a look of hate on her face. My mother didn't look like me or Misaki. Brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin. My mother worked at a bar. She made mabey around four-hundred a month. I worked at a teaching assistant job, and at McDonalds. I pulled seven hundred together a month, only being able to keep four hundred.

   She pointed out the back door. It led to the garage. After telling my mother to go pack her bags, and to get the hell out, we walked to the door. Before I opened it I looked at my friends. When I opened the door, there in the back corner was my father, dead. Walking inside, Azumi ran out the other door to the backyard; Osamu following. Kenji walked around the garage, being careful not to touch anything. Walking inside to call the police, I saw my mother in the doorway holding a gun.

   " Put the phone down, Mizuki." When I put it down, I looked at her. She had pointed the gun to my head.

   " Mom, put the gun down." I said a little louder than I needed too. Apparently, Kenji had heard me. He came in behind my mother and grabbed the gun. Walking to me, he put his arm around my shoulders. I grabbed the gun from his hands and unarmed it.

   My mother sat on the floor next to the fridge. Putting the gun on the counter, I sat on the floor across from my mother.

   " Why?" I asked looking at her. She looked away.

   " Because I had too." She looked at me.

   " That's not an answer." Kenji said as he sat next to me. When he put his arm around me, I leaned into him.

   " So Kenji, are you my daughters w***e?"

   " Shut your mouth woman. The only reason you are still alive, is because if I killed you, I would have to go to jail, and that would not be fun."

   " Are you sure it's not because your afraid of going to jail? Or mabey because your afraid to leave my daughter alone?"

   " Woman, be careful of what you say." Kenji scooted closer to me, making it so that if my mother did anything, he could get to her quicker.

   " Mizuki, did I ever tell you about when you were born?"

   " What does that have to do with anything?"

   " Because Mizuki, you're adopted." I leaned back into Kenji; a look of shock on my face, even though I wasn't.

   " When did you plan on telling me this?"

   " When I killed your father, but you weren't home."

   " Too bad, Alice, I already knew." Alice looked shocked.

   The police walked in and took the gun away. After putting my 'mother' under arrest, they walked into the garage. When I had put the phone down, I didn't turn it off. The police heard everything. Standing up, I walked into the garage behind the police, turning off the phone in the process. Watching them bag up my adopted father, I walked outside into the backyard. Soon after Azumi and Osamu went to the livingroom, not able to be in the same room as a dead person. Kenji followed me out, not wanting to be in the house.

   " Hey, are you going to be alright?" He asked, sitting next to me. I had sat near a corner. When Kenji sat next to me, he sat in the corner. Standing up, I moved over to Kenji's lap, leaning against the wall and Kenji at the same time.

   " Yea, I'll get over it sooner or later. The only path you can be one, is one you choose yourself. They chose the path's, they paid the consequences. However, I can't help, but feel that there's something wrong. That something's been a lie in my life for the past three years."

   " That you're adopted?"

   " No. I figured that out when I was seven, not that hard when your parents leave the adoption papers lying on the bed. They were so stupid. I don't know what it is. Like something’s different than what I think."

   " Well, I can't say I know how you feel. But when you figure it out, you tell me. You tell all of us. You're not leaving us in the dark again."

   " Couldn't help it the first time." I looked at him. I laid my head in the crook of his neck and shoulder.

   " Hey, 'Zuki. You doing okay?" Azumi asked sitting in front of me. When I nodded my head, Osamu came out.

   " So why are you sitting on his lap, 'Zuki?"

   " It's fun to watch him squeal in pain."

   " You're not that heavy."

   " Whatever you say, Ranger Bob." I yawned and closed my eyes.

   " Are you tired? Is Mizuki tired at six in the evening? Oh my god, I'd thought I'd never see the day." Osamu said, being an a*s.

   " Shut it, Osamu. We've all had a rough day." Kenji said, flipping Osamu off.

   " Jeeze, why so protective?" Osamu said, looking around.

   " Because I can be." Osamu sat down next to his sister. A few minutes later, a meteor shower started.

   " Everyone make a wish." Azumi said closing her eyes. We followed suit. I wish I could figure out what's so wrong in my life. An hour later, it ended and the bugs started biting. Going in through the garage, we saw my 'fathers' body was gone.



© 2008 Natalie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on September 20, 2008


Author

Natalie
Natalie

Nothing that I can tell you!, GA



About
I live in Georgia with my mother, cousin, and step-father. My brother lives in a jail cell across the country. I have blonde hair, brown eyes, a chuby face, alot of freckles, and am fat as hell. I lov.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Natalie


Mizuki Mizuki

A Book by Natalie