The Most Frustrating Part Of It All Is That People Don't Understand

The Most Frustrating Part Of It All Is That People Don't Understand

A Story by There's A Point To All Of This.
"

June 25th, 2013.

"

When people say stuff like: “Be happy.” “Be positive.” “Get better.” “Be strong.”


Once me and this guy I used to talk to got into a fight, and he really straightforwardly pointed a couple things out to me, I finally could explain what people don’t understand about it all. It was harsh, but it cleared things up for me. Showed me what’s wrong with me, actually.


He straight up told me that I’m sick.
I am mentally sick, so “being positive” isn’t quite an option. When someone’s physically sick you can tell them to “get better” and “be healthy” but can they control it? No. They can’t get better, or be healthy, that’s up to their body. That’s just like telling me to “be happy” or “get better” or “be positive”. I really don’t have control over it. It’s my mind’s call, not mine. I can’t control it.


Saying “be positive” or “be happy” to a mentally sick person, is like saying “be healthy” to a physically sick person, and expecting it to just happen.
Saying “get better” to a mentally sick person, is just like saying “get better” to a physically sick person. Can that person just take their illness away? I don’t think it works like that.

Just remember that next time you tell someone who’s depressed to “be happy”. Imagine telling someone who’s physically very sick to “be healthy” and expecting them to literally have control over their illness and all of a sudden, it’s gone. That isn’t how it works.


He told me that he knows I’ll never be happy, cause no matter what my mind truly will never let me. And it’s true, and that’s the problem.

© 2013 There's A Point To All Of This.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Suppose there are things in life we cant control! thats life for ya! and im so sorry about the mental sickness you have :( it wouldnt have felt nice if you learned this through a fight with your guy! I cant say "get better" but all i can say is I hope you do ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Suppose there are things in life we cant control! thats life for ya! and im so sorry about the mental sickness you have :( it wouldnt have felt nice if you learned this through a fight with your guy! I cant say "get better" but all i can say is I hope you do ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on June 25, 2013
Tags: depression, suicide, ill, mental, sick, frustrating, physical, illness, sad, feelings, thoughts