I'd do anything but it wouldn't matter

I'd do anything but it wouldn't matter

A Poem by SarahCortland
"

Trying so hard and realizing you still failed

"
I'd write you a letter I'd compose for you a song I'd do this all for you Though my heart feels wrong I'd tell you I loved you I'd say anything and all I'd take it all back Though you let me fall I'd let you in I'd forget your past I'd do anything you asked Though it wouldn't last I'd do anything at all I'd be there for you I'd try anything I could Though you gone and there's nothing I'd be able to do.

© 2010 SarahCortland


Author's Note

SarahCortland
Ignore grammar ease because what you don't know is most ofmy poemsare wrote on my iPod touch at 10 or later so I'm tired plus these dumb things have minds of their own lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lex Balaguer's review brings to mind a quote: "The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will." - Chuck Palahniuk

There have been many times (of course) where I've tried to the best of me to accomplish something, and still fail. But I feel that if you try your best, and you know, yes I tried my best, then you can still call that an accomplishment. Good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Perhaps, it would still matter. Existence doesn't matter, as long as we leave memories behind.

Good poem.
Alex

Posted 14 Years Ago


absolutely wonderful. It's not too emotional in the sense that it is apparent you have given up. I feel what you're feeling. Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice. I like the sense of resolve throughout.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this and enjoyed it.
very well written

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love it and the message within its words. Great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agree with Senseless whatever, this is an immense poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Another great write. You convey your thoughts so nicely here, sadness and finally the conclusion. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow i love it! it flowed and it kind of goes through the stages of that pulling force between that fantasy want and the reality of the matter. overall a good piece that i am adding to my library it truly touched me in many ways.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a terrific piece. You may want to take a look at your final line though, it almost feels like something is missing (if I am right, blame it on the technology =] ). Overall, this piece is very strong - well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010
Tags: Love

Author

SarahCortland
SarahCortland

Owensboro, KY



About
My name is Myspace Layouts. I love to Write poetry and I am currently working on one book. Sometimes I write short stories but Poetry is what i like to Stick to. Confidence Quotes .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..