Road I have Chosen

Road I have Chosen

A Story by Joy Carver

There are times in your life where you find yourself at a moral crossroad. Something so seemingly harmless, you find is taking you down a path you never envisioned yourself traveling. The knowledge isn't always immediate, the recognition of potential wrong doesn't always jump up and smack you in the face. It sometimes rolls over you like a slow peaking wave. The realization is there but acceptance is not...it is easier to ignore your conscience sometimes than to address that quiet little voice. Then your conscience, being one who does not like to be ignored, speaks a bit louder and louder til it becomes a force to be reckoned with. Slowly all your morals and your integrity that you have worked so hard for and you have always held so dear, you realize is compromised. So you stop...take a good look around and then deep inside yourself and ask what if it was me?? You shake your head and realize at that very moment it doesn't matter what you want, it is most important who you are...
To quote one of my very favorite poems of all time:
I shall be telling you this with a sigh
Sometimes ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
Took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
~Robert Frost

© 2016 Joy Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Joy Carver
Joy Carver

Melbourne, FL



About
Find the best online test series, Video Lectures, Coaching Class Notes for GATE, CA, CS, CPT, NEET, IIT JEE, Bank PO and many more exams. We also provide attractive offers and discounts prices for edu.. more..

Writing
Clean Slate Clean Slate

A Story by Joy Carver


My Paradox My Paradox

A Story by Joy Carver