The Kiss.

The Kiss.

A Story by Lydia

It was a cold day in mid-February as we sat under the pavilion, my hand casually enfolded in his larger, rougher one. We barely said a word to each other, but instead looked out towards the bare trees, seemingly lifeless under the grey sky. I looked down at our hands, entangled in one another's and thought of all the times I had wished for this, all of the times I had hopelessly wanted to be only with him. And now, I was. It seemed as if it was a dream, as if I would awake any moment. He squeezed my hand and briefly ran his fingers along my jaw as his green eyes stared in to my blue ones. My heart was pounding so loud I thought the world could hear its sporadic, haphazard beat. Suddenly, our lips were drawn together like the poles of the strongest magnet, and although I tried to fight it, it was in vain. They met. I had kissed the man of my dreams! Yet, I felt nothing.

© 2008 Lydia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story! this is like one of the best examples of lust.
If you think of an ideal situation, it would be one person wanting to kiss or "love" another person because they look good, but once you reach that point, there isnt any sincere love.

I really liked this one!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

Lydia
Lydia

Seattle, WA



About
I'm Lydia. I write free verse. Nature is freedom. My Bird, I am forever changed. Rest in Peace, my beautiful friend. Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginativ.. more..

Writing
Desiderium Desiderium

A Poem by Lydia


Hypomania Hypomania

A Poem by Lydia


Entendre Entendre

A Poem by Lydia