Degrading

Degrading

A Poem by M O R P H I N E

Slowly death eats me while I am still alive
I want to run away from this horrible life
seeking for something I know I will never find
I am looking straight at the future; feeling blind

Cutting through myself, searching for my being
walking through life's hatred and I'm not seeing
what everyone else sees when they look at me
only a ghost, that shall now cease to be

© 2011 M O R P H I N E


Author's Note

M O R P H I N E
Someone jerked my mind into explaining the meaning behind these words. I don't like doing it though, because I think people should be free to read something and interpret it the way they want to. However, sometimes interpretations are so wrong. Especially when something doesn't make sense to someone. What are your thoughts on this piece. What does it make you feel? Explain what you see when you read these lines, including the title. What does this all mean to you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem makes me think of the very confused person, who is very very tiered of fighting. It makes me feel somehow sad because of the sad ending. Well, I think that the title in this case means the demeaning of oneself. To me the poem means that the person lost hope, they can't picture the future as a consequence of this and in the end I think that the person wants to be left alone. (But you are quite right, people do interpret the very same poem or anything really in a different way because of the different experiences and beliefs )

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, when i read this piece...to me the speaker is degrading himself...it's not really anyone else degrading him (hence the title)...throughout the poem i could relate to it straight throughout...mainly because life seems hard and pointless at times.....great write, i enjoy your poetry, although they touch serious personal issues, they are encouraging and they show that one can overcome if they have the will power to do so...

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very good. I love it and i feel what you are expressing which is goos with poetry. I feel every line as if i were thinking it. You put it through to your readers well. Amazing Job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't understand the title, but I like the lines below it.

In the path we wait to see goodness comes to pass is such a long and difficult thing that misery often clouds the view, but you have to keep looking straight at the future.

We will all feel blind, that's why we keep going and keep searching because in the end, we do find what we're looking for. Maybe not now, but later I bet. I've learned that at a very young age.

Anyways, I love your poems and I only advise you to keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2011

Author

M O R P H I N E
M O R P H I N E

Here



About
5 years later, I'm back! I have left all my written pieces from back then on here, available for anyone interested. Twitter: @painpenpaper Tumblr: http:/dearwhoever-fromme.tumblr.com more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleep Sleep

A Poem by E. R. Rawding


Cult Cult

A Poem by E. R. Rawding