With Half Your Brain Tied Behind Your Back

With Half Your Brain Tied Behind Your Back

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Post-coma thinking!

"

With Half My Brain

Tied Behind My Back

By Mike Stevens

 

     Things are easier now, but let me tell you, those first few months and years after the car wreck and coma, coming back to the world?  Oh man, were they ever difficult.  It seemed like I was trying to run in quicksand, my thoughts were a mess.  Some of them; woo, were they ever out there!  When I was still in the hospital, I thought there was a river running under my bed, and it seemed perfectly rational to me.  Looking back on it, the voices I heard were just people talking and walking down the hall outside my room, but for some reason, I got it in whatever was left of my brain that it was a river below the floor.  Turns out they were giving me Valium to help me sleep, and I was having some weird-a*s dreams, but I didn't know this small fact.  Imagine trying to function normally with half your brain tied behind your back!

© 2013 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can only imagine what you must felt like and what was going through half of your brain. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Michael Stevens

10 Years Ago

It was very interesting, in a nightmare sort of way; thanks for the comment!
Sometimes this happens to me even without Valium...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Michael Stevens

10 Years Ago

Ha, yes indee-dee!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013
Tags: Coma, thoughts, nightmare!

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing