Me The Rubik's Cube

Me The Rubik's Cube

A Poem by Dunlack
"

This a piece that I created to describe who I am as a individual. I incorporated different passions in the place of a Rubiks Cube's colors.

"

Me? A Rubik's Cube? Why yes I am. I came out of the womb without direction. Although I may only present to you six faces, those six faces utter more than a million tongues. I am mystery, a puzzle, something a simple mind could not process or assemble. I am just as unpredictable as the flow of this here piece. Bringing my viewers along for every twist and every turn. Using each color to represent one of my six passions. "Beauty" is the first in line. Lashing out with limitless disguises. Beauty can be a person, place, thing, quality, or action. So does beauty fall in the category of noun?

 

 Following beauty I must introduce "Greed". In the eyes of many, greed is a selfish b*****d. Taking its bow while leaving little to nothing for others. The beauty of greed is the woman like qualities it may possess. Greed is my prescription. Just enough will cure my problems, and too much may “now you lay me” six feet deep. After convincing myself that I have mastered the beauty of greed, "Opportunity" comes knocking at my door. Offering two options, take it or leave it. I have learned those of us whom take advantage of opportunity have a tendency to fall in love with it. While the individuals who decide to go against the grain will see opportunity as nothing more than a myth.

 

After I have conquered the beauty of greed while pursuing opportunity, "Romance" may unfold. Romance is very complex. Known for briefly beaming down on your heart with its overwhelming sunshine, then hiding behind the rain. Sadly many of us will never see true romance in our lifetime. It's more of a reminder that society has a whole is always chasing what cannot be obtained. Now that everything seems so beautiful due to my conquering of greed, marriage with opportunity, not to the honeymoon was all of romantic. I have decided to start a family. With family comes "Youth." Youth is the most critical part in any development.

 

During this phase I am exposed to many different situations. Once I have added youth to the picture, it soon develops into "Wisdom". Wisdom is the final piece to my puzzle, giving me ability to go beyond the present hour. Allowing me to prepare for the sly fox of "Beauty", over dosing on "Greed", missing out on "Opportunity", misunderstanding "Romance", and falling short of properly nurturing "Youth". Now that I have given you the step by step process to understanding me "The Rubik's Cube". It's time to make your move. Solve me if you can!

© 2012 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Solve me if you can...........wonderfully beautiful writing Sir E. Bravo!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 29, 2012

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack