The Singing Heart

The Singing Heart

A Story by Dunlack


As his heart once beat, the rhythm gave off an abnormal melody. His heart sung a song that would have given the least affectionate woman goosebumps. Offering the leading solo to an old rusty guitar. Plucked by hands that were filled with wrinkles and sweat. Each note cried out to his listeners. Sadly he could never gather a crowd. What must he have done to others for them to leave him carrying his heavy heart all alone. His heart didn't consist of reds, but blues. If only those blues were equivalent to the ones that share a home with the clouds, and live next door to the sun. If only those blues were equivalent to ones that symbolize the gateway to freedom. Maybe then his heart wouldn't have played a song that came with a catch twenty-two. 

Who would have ever thought the only blues his heart had encountered were the ones that attack our emotions with sounds of sorrow. The blues that delivers a chill colder than the concrete slab we will all one day lay upon. Due to the absence of love and care within, his heart continued to play off key. If any ears were present, fine tuning may have been offered as a suggestion. He could have cared less. He wanted his heart to sing his life song raw and explicitly. Filling his imaginary audience hearts and minds with all of life's imperfections...no makeup. 

Unfortunately every song reaches its conclusion. He had came across his last verse of not a three minute song, a painful song. A song that he had endured for a lifetime. No one was there to give his heart a round of applause, nor throw his heart roses before the curtain closed. His song on earth was over. His heart refused to sing in a empty auditorium any longer. Yet his soul rose above it all. Picking up where his heart had left off...playing a much different tune, a heavenly tune.

© 2013 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you all

Posted 13 Years Ago


magically wonderful

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the raw feeling here. So good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2013

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse