Sentenced to Death

Sentenced to Death

A Poem by Dunlack

The hour has arrived...As my steps echo throughout the dark hallway, I notice no "thank you" picket signs. All I can recognize is the chanting voices mixed with both congratulations and hatred...Before this very hour, my pleasant thoughts stuck by my side as my one and only companion...Now they have kissed me softly before fading away, as if they are certain we have said our final goodbye. Walking ever so slowly allows time for fear to slide in, I guess pleasantra didn't check the locks before she stepped out...So what?? Years of mental renovation will be soon replaced by seconds of closure. I am not labeled as an societal icon, but I am envied as a crook...Deep down the enemy wants to be just as I...Retaliation is the only solution to a weaken ego, whom is accustomed to soaring without looking back. I am a virus in their eyes, guilty of carving into the minds of the innocent...Yet these monsters smile at the sight of bullets resting gently in the throbbing temples of the hopeless...That is just one less sick soul to worry about, and one less mind to feed. When trying to identify these creatures, looking in a closet or under a bed will leave you in question...Put on a suit, and as if you have soaked in blood; those worthless leeches will come swarming...If vulnerable...With ease you will become their infant...Feeding you with the long spoon of deception, keeping you resting at their knees...Wanting more and more. For those who turn down these "evil pendants" of honor, the depressing duty of polishing the chair of death will be yours...Like myself...Well...I am finally at my last stop, never have I been so unwilling to take a seat. I can not distinguish which is colder...The chair, or the b******s whom have placed me here. Now that my head is resting in this bowl, and my face is fully covered...I have recognized my conclusion. Yes they will fry my brain...But no they will not cook my legacy.

© 2011 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack