A Change in the Weather-Chapter 3: An Inevitable Tragedy

A Change in the Weather-Chapter 3: An Inevitable Tragedy

A Story by Flame

When lunch rolled around, I took my usual solitary seat in the cafeteria.  No one bothered to sit with me, though I didn’t mind.  The semi-silence gave me a chance to mull things over in my head, without the distraction of worrying about paying attention to the day’s lesson in class.  As I sipped my cola, I wondered about Jason and Amanda again.  I figured they were probably dating, and his initial kind attitude towards me was merely an act of hospitality and a welcome to the school.  I did hope that we remained friends, however.  So far, he was my only real friend.  Things here in Phoenix were just the same as they were in Dallas.

Halfway through my intense thought process, I went to go retrieve another can of cola.  As I walked up to the counter, I felt a push on my back, causing me to fall into the boy in front of me, who’s lunch happened to go flying.  Within a span of 60 seconds, I was on the floor, my clothes and hair littered with milk and bits of sandwhich.  The entire cafeteria burst out laughing, and my face burned with shame.

Don’t cry.  Don’t cry.  Don’t cry.  You’re stronger than that.  Show them you’re stronger, I thought to myself.

I slowly rose from the spot I had been sitting in, after what felt like an eternity, and trudged out of the cafeteria.

“Hey, nice a*s!” some random kid yelled at me.  A chorus of wolf whistles broke out throughout the room as the double doors slammed.  I ran to the bathroom, afraid of what the kid had meant.  As I turned around in the mirror, horror flooded my body.  My shorts were now see-through.

Wonderful.

Luckily, I had an extra pair for gym later in my locker.  I wasn’t ready to go yet, though.  My eye-liner began to smudge from the tears running down my face, which I quickly cleaned off.  I stared at myself in the mirror.  Angela Barrett.  5’10”, fairly tan, bright green eyes, perfectly straight brown hair.  Curves in all of the right places, a fairly large chest, and not such a bad a*s.  I was beautiful; I knew it.  But, I wasn’t the type to go around telling people about it.

Some things were just better left unsaid.

After I had changed, I felt slightly better.  But I couldn’t ignore the furthur humiliation that had yet to arrive.  I was sure Amanda and her gang would give me a hard time later, but at that point I had officially stopped caring.  So far, high school was okay, but I wasn’t about to let them make it miserable for me.  That, I was sure I could accomplish on my own.

Gym was alright as usual, though I wasn’t exactly athletic in sports other than volleyball and softball or baseball.  One would think I was an advantage to most basketball teams, but truthfully, I’d never played the sport until that day.  Thanfully, I did exceptionally well because of my height and extreme agility.  Our team won by six points, with a final score of 26-20.  As I left the locker room, I saw Jason and Amanda talking.  Though Amanda looked very happy with a romantic edge, Jason looked slightly uncomfortable.  But maybe I was imagining it.  Right before I left school for the day, I looked back at the two of them.  There they were, kissing like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah.  I had definitely been imagining it.

© 2011 Flame


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011

Author

Flame
Flame

About
I love the performing arts (acting, theatre, singing). Writing is one way I can truly express myself. I love the summertime. That is all ^_^ more..

Writing