Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by mirus

Location: Class 4 Universe designated UD-4-156. Class 2 Galaxy designated MW-1. 
             Class 2 Solar System designated SS-5. Class 5 Planet designated Terra Gaea
Solar system age: (Based on local star) Approximately 25 million universal core revolutions
Planetary age: Approximately 15 billion solar revolutions
Primary civilization age: Approximately 250 thousand solar revolutions
Primary civilization : Bipedal intelligence, self-named "Humanity"
Sub species: Hemovorism (Vampirism), Lycanthropy (Were-human), Fae (Fair-Folk)
    Sorcery ( Mana Weaver), Faith-Born (Angels/Demons), etc..



My eyes opened, but all I see is darkness. For a moment I panic, then memory surges into my mind and I remember where I am. Of course it is dark, I reassure myself, I'm in a cave. Taking stock of my surroundings, I find myself relaxing and breathing normally, meaning the shield is still up, which is odd considering the amount of time that must have passed since I last charged it. Gathering my will, I conjure up a small orb of light to look around and noticed a small piece of paper lying on the ground. Picking it up I ealized it was a folded piece of paper with another piece of paper inside it, my brain nudged me and told me it was a letter, which was actually quite alarming since I had never seen or heard of a letter before, not the item nor the word, maybe mom implanted a spell in my brain before i went to sleep. Mom, I wonder if she has already moved on to the next world.
Opening the letter I found what appears to be an invitation (another thing I should not have known the word nor the item but somehow did, this spell is pretty cool to have!) to some sort of conference somewhere in Singapore. I noticed the letter is in a language called English which thankfully, the spell let me read it with perfect fluency. Even better than that, I also knew where this country called Singapore is, even the address given was not confusing to me. Wow, this spell even comes with an in-built GPS, another term that i did not know before.
With nothing else to do I reached out to a spelled rock and after some warming up, channeled some magic into it. After some rumbling the roof slid to one side, revealing a sky full of stars. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of my cave and onto a barren gray land, soothing in how peaceful and similar it was to when I first came here. Smiling, I funneled some energy into another rock and my roof slid back closed, leaving no trace it was even there. With that done, I set off to my destination as printed on the invitation.
After walking for a while, I came upon something I was sure I did not see when I first came here. It appeared to be a stick with a piece of cloth tied to it, a flag my brain supplied. Upon closer examination i noticed it was patterned with red and white stripes with a blue region on the top corner near the pole filled with white stars. Once again my brain nudged me and told me it was the flag of the country named USA, proving that humans were able to get here with their current level of technology, this place they named the moon. Being careful not to touch the flag, I stepped away from the site and headed towards the side of the moon that is earth-side, as humans call it.


© 2015 mirus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 22, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015


Author

mirus
mirus

Singapore



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by mirus