Part I - The Mark

Part I - The Mark

A Screenplay by Isaac James Avery
"

Inspired by a mixture of things, I wrote this while in a trance in my American Literature class, just after I realized how much the Super Bowl this year had to do with Edgar Allen Poe.

"

(Establishing shots of the path along the lakefront, the forest-like path, and the beach)

(Mike will begin to walk down the path after pulling up and getting out of his car)

(Mike walks along steps and he hears little kids laughing, he will turn around to see a softball rolling, slowly)

(Mike, a bit shaken and confused, will continue waling, he finds that he has to use the bathroom, as he approaches a tree to do what he needs to do, an Old Man will walk out of the woods mumbling “The Raven”  to himself)

Mike: Hey!

(The Old Man will be completely oblivious to Mike’s existence)

Mike: Sir, are you ok?

(The Old Man will turn to Mike and smile, through his smile blood will drip out of his mouth and he will keel over, reciting “The Raven”)

(Mike will yelp and begin running, as he runs whispers will start small and eventually grow getting louder… Louder!... LOUDER!... Until finally he collapses on the beach, panting)

(Shots that go in and out, screams can be heard, whispers mixed with Demonic statements and images of the Man with Tape over his mouth)

Whispers: “Now I lay me down to sleep”; “Wiccan Death Prayer”; “Satanic Chant”; “Ring around the Rosie”; “The Raven”; “Voodoo prayers of Zombies”

Screams: I LOVED YOU!; WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!; GET OUT OF HERE!; THERE’S NOTHING HERE FOR YOU!; I HATE YOU…; F**K YOU, DAD!; HE WAS YOUR SON TOO!; YOURE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER; NO, PLEASE, STAY!; HELP ME!; DON’T GO!; I NEED YOU!

(Silence will follow the screams and whispers when they stop. The Old Man and the Taped Man  shuffle over to his body and pick him up and drag him through the sand)

Old Man: He will make an excellent dinner.

Taped Man: We are not feasting upon this man.

Old Man: But what shall we do?

Taped Man: Mark him as Tobi’s. She asked for this specifically.

(Blackness, Mike will wake up on the beach, it is morning, he gets up on his knees, Tobi is standing right behind him, watching)

Tobi: It’s ok, there’s nothing you can do about it. (Shows him her wrist)

Mike: Nothing I can do about what-? (Looks at his own wrist)

Fin.

© 2013 Isaac James Avery


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013
Tags: Tobi, Taped Man, Old Man, Mike, The Mark, Edgar Allen Poe, Superbowl, Lynchian

Author

Isaac James Avery
Isaac James Avery

Chicago, IL



About
I enjoy punting babies over bridges in my spare time... Oh and if I depress or offend you, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive. Get off the internet. more..

Writing