The Body Swap

The Body Swap

A Story by MarvelousM
"

While helping a boy in her tutoring class, Samantha finds a folded note with ancient spells in a book that her grandmother gave her. But when she to tries it, suddenly she swaps bodies with that boy..

"

I sat alone in the corner of the cafeteria, nibbling on my peanut butter and jam sandwich while reading my favorite book series. As I tune out the constant chatter and noise from the teens around me, I turn a page, diving further into the book in my slim hands. I took the last piece of my sandwich, slipped it in my mouth and glanced up at the clock by the COOP office.

 1:15 pm.

With a sigh, I closed my book and packed up my lunch. I swung my backpack over my right shoulder and walked towards the hallway. About halfway to the doorway, a guy calls my name. 

"Samantha, are you forgetting something?" he asked, with mischief in his voice.

 I turned to look at him with a frown and realized that he was holding my precious book that my grandmother gave me before she died. I walked right up to him and made eye contact.

 "Can I please have my book back". 

He let out a chuckle. 

"You mean this book?".

He held it high in the air.

 "Try and get". 

I rolled my eyes. 

"It would be better if you just give it to me so that we're both not late to class, Zac". 

"You've got a class with her?!?!" shouted one of Zac's friends.

 "Shut up!" he yelled back at his friend. 

While he was distracted, I snatched the book out of his hands and darted out the cafeteria doorway. I glanced down at my book for any damage. Y

our safe, for now. 

I walked up to the main level of Sydenham High and entered my grade 12 English class. 

"You're late again Ms. Miller" said Ms. McGinn, looking up at me as I pass her desk. 

"Sorry, I got held up by someone" I apologized. I sat down in my usual spot, at the very back of the class. She gave me a frown before she shifted her gaze to Zac. 

"And where have YOU been, Zac?" Questioned Ms. McGinn, with her voice turning harsh. 

"I-I was just getting a selfie with a friend" stammered Zac, standing at the front of the class. 

The teacher gave him a dirty look. 

"While you were out in the hallway taking your 'precious' selfie, the entire class waiting for now 10 minutes".  

"Not only that but you have an EXAM you need to pass in his class. So go sit down in your seat and don't be late again and NEVER use that excuse with me again" replied Ms. McGinn, with frustration in her tone. 

Eyes of students followed Zac as he walked down the aisle of tables, all the way to his seat. Eyes turned back to the teacher. She sighed. 

"Everyone get out your English notes. This period is going to be a study period. I suggest you use the time I've given you WISELY" said Ms. McGinn, eyeing at Zac. 

As students got out their binders, the teacher walked up to mine and Zac's table.

 "Samantha, why don't you take Zac down to the library to help him study for his exam".

 I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Sure". 

I grabbed my bag and walked down to the library with Zac. As we entered the library, he at me. 

"I bet she only sent us down here because she wanted to get rid of me" joked Zac. 

Maybe.

 Me and Zac took a seat at the Sydenham High table, dropping my heavy bag next to my seat. 

"So, why DID Ms. McGinn assign you to me?" he asked, with curiosity in his deep blue eyes.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to help you pass" I said, raising an eyebrow. I pulled out my book and started to read. 

"Aren't you going to tell me what I have to study first?" asked Zac, opening his binder and started flipping through his English notes. 

"No. I'm here just to make sure you study for the exam, not tell you what to do and how to do it" I replied, flipping the next page of my book. 

Zac rolled his eyes at me, before he started rummaging through his notes. I shifted my gaze back down to my book and realized that there was a folded piece of paper that was on the page I was about to read. I took it out, set the book on the table, and opened it up. The title of it said: A Witch's Most Needed Spells. Below, it gave a list of spell names written in special handwriting that I could not read. 

And next to them, are the words to say to cast the spell. I looked at the ones that were easy to pronounce. 

It wouldn't hurt to say one of these spells I thought, going down the list. 

"Switcharoo, that's what I can do" I murmured. Nothing happened. 

Hmm, maybe my grandmother wrote that just for fun and pretended to be a witch, I thought as I folded the paper back up. 

As I reached out to grab the book, the library lights began to flicker, before going out completely. It wasn't completely dark, there was some light emitting through the couple of windows at the back of the library, just across from the computer lab. I got out of my chair and stumbled to the ledge, thinking that the weather might have caused the blackout. But when I got to the window ledge, it was sunny.

 I felt my blood turn cold. 

A few moments later, the power came back on and I surprisingly found myself at the table again, staring down at Zac's messy notes.

 Why am I looking though his notes? I'm not suppose to study for him. 

I looked up and noticed that I was looking at myself, who was still looking out the window. 

What? How can I be there AND here at the same time? 

I stared down at my thick smooth hands. 

Those are NOT my hands. 

Then I realized, me and Zac switched bodies!

 This just got interesting.

I looked at my chest and examined my new body all the way down to my toes. 

I always wanted to be guy, but my Mom wouldn't let me become one.

I watched as Zac, who is now Samantha, walked back over to her seat and started scrolling on her phone.

 I think I should apologize to myself for taking my book.

 "Hey Samantha, I'm really sorry I teased you earlier in front of my friends with your book" I said, in my manly voice. 

"Why don't I take you out for dinner tonight?". 

Samantha shrugged her shoulders. 

"Sure. What time?". 

"I'll come by your house and pick you up at 5pm. Sound good?". 

She nodded her head yes as she scrolled through the photo gallery on her phone. After school, I watched as Samantha ran to go catch her bus. I checked Zac's phone to see if he had his home address somewhere on it. I opened Google Maps and found it marked as one of his 'Favorites'. 2825 Rutledge Road Sydenham ON. 

It's only a 2 minute walk from here, that's good. 

I started to walk down the long, cracked sidewalk, with a breeze blowing my short brown hair. I got to the door and put my hand to the door knob. I hesitated for a moment. 

I've never been to Zac's house before, I thought. 

Hopefully his Mom works late. 

I opened the door and entered his house. 

"Mom, I'm home!" I hollered, just in case she was.

 I walked through the kitchen and found a sticky note on the wooden table. 

"Dear Zac, I'm working late again tonight and won't be home until 11pm" I said, reading it out loud.

 Nice. That gives me a chance to explore his house.

I went down the tiny set of stairs that led to the basement. Down there, was a bunch of stuff that was spread out all over the place. From Christmas decorations to workout equipment, the space was crowded. In the midst of it, I saw a door. Once I opened it, I realized it was Zac's room. There were clothes on the floor, his bed wasn't made and stacks of school work were piled in a corner. 

He really needs to make cleaning a habit I thought, picking up all of the clothes and tossed it into a laundry basket.

 I glanced up at his alarm clock.

 It read 2:51pm. 

I bet I could put some of these clothes in the washing machine and get them dried before dinner with myself, I thought, carefully planning my time.

 I took the hamper with me to the washer on the other side if the messy basement, tossed them in and pressed start. Once I got back to Zac's room, I made his bed and picked out black Tuxedo suit from his closet. 

At least he hangs up his suits.

I set the suit on his bed, before glancing back at the clock again. 

It's still too early to get ready. 

I looked at his Nintendo Switch. 

It wouldn't hurt to play that for a bit. 

I plopped down in Zac's soft beanbag chair and turned on the switch with the game controller. From there, I clicked on the Lego Jurassic World icon and waited until the game loaded. To be honest, it felt like I've been on it for half an hour, but really I was on it for an hour and 10 minutes.

 I turned my head and looked at the time. 

It read 4:30pm. 

Crumb, I've got to get ready and pick up Samantha at 5. 

I quickly turned off the switch and changed in to the black tuxedo suit. I stood in front of the mirror and tied my black bow tie. 

How do I know how to tie one of these?

I grabbed a comb from Zac's dresser and combed my hair until it looked smooth. I set it back down and opened the drawer in the night stand, rummaging through papers, until I found Zac's wallet and car keys. I scampered to the front door, tied my black shoes and headed out the door, jumping into the driver's seat of his red SUV, turning on the car. 

How did Zac pay bills for this nice car?

I backed up the car out of the driveway and drove down the road, going about 60 km an hour. 

I'm glad that me and Zac both know how to drive.

About 14 minutes later, I arrive at the house I grew up in and pulled up to where Samantha was waiting, unlocking the front passenger door for her. 

"Hello" she said, greeting me as she closed the door. 

"Hi". 

I turned the car around and drove us to Kingston. We were both silent most of the way there, until we started passing by stores and restaurants.

 "It's really nice of you to take me out for dinner" said Samantha, sweetly. 

"But why do you want to?". 

I felt my cheeks go red with blush. 

"Because, it feels like I owe you for teasing you in front of my snobby friends" I explained, focusing on the road ahead of me. 

I pulled into a parking lot and parked the car. 

"Do you have a mask?". 

"Yes". 

Me and Samantha put on our face masks and walked into a Swiss Chalet. I got a table for 2 and we both sat down in our seats, sitting across from each other. The waiter gave us our menu's and left us in peace.

 "So, what are you going to eat" I asked, taking my 'Friends' mask off.

 "I-I thought maybe we could share a plate of nachos" suggested Samantha, shyly. 

"Sure".

 I ordered our meal and drinks. As me and Samantha waited, I tried not to stare at her for too long, otherwise she'll be asking questions.

I can't believe I have a crush on myself. I don't think there's a reverse spell for the Body Swap spell. 

I looked as Samantha as she scrolled through Pinterest on her phone. 

I wonder if she feels the same way.

 After we ate our nachos and drank our Shirley Temples, I started a conservation with her about her quad courses.

 "And finally, I have Math and Science for my last Quadmester". 

"Nice". 

I  slowly reached out and took her hands in mine. 

 "I honestly really like you. You're the most beautiful women I've ever seen at Sydenham High".

 Samantha blushed, indicating that she too, had a crush on me. We both slowly leaned closer and kissed each other passionately, not realizing that the waiter came to our table. He tapped on my shoulder. 

"Sir, there's only 10 dollars on your bank card. You still owe 15 dollars".

The End

Thank you for reading and I hoped you've enjoyed my story :)

- MarvelousM

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on November 5, 2023
Last Updated on November 5, 2023
Tags: teen, teen fiction, fiction, general, general fiction, short, short story, a love story, romance, gender, gender switch, magic, adventure, action, romantic, descriptive, entertaining, enjoyable

Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM