Tragedy

Tragedy

A Story by MarvelousM
"

Suddenly Victoria's boyfriend Ben (who she has been dating for a few months) has stopped texting and she has no idea why he has; Until his mom texts her a week later about what's really going on.

"

 I stared down at the still body of my boyfriend, that was covered with a white bed sheet and lying in a hospital bed that I was standing next to. 

This wasn't the life he promised me. 

Nor was this supposed to happen. 

  About a week ago, everything was fine; We were having great conversations on our phones, texting one another as usual. Then on Friday night, before Thanksgiving weekend, I sent him a funny photo of a bulletin board with a hilarious message on it. 

  But he didn't text back. Days turned into a week without him saying anything at all to me. I kept on messaging him and even turned to my friends for help, but still no response. Finally I got a message early Monday morning, but it wasn't from him. It was his mom reaching out to me, telling that he was in the hospital. 

  As soon as I saw that message, immediately I thanked her for letting me know and that I will visit him once I get off work. Unfortunately I couldn't visit him last night because it was past visiting hours. 

  So here I am gazing down at his corpse, realizing that I'll never know why he stopped texting me and feeling like my heart shattered into thousands of pieces. Wiping my tears away from my brown eyes with the sleeve of my black fall coat, I said one more final goodbye, before I said thank you to the nurse and made my way back to the hospital parking lot. 

  Once I got down there, my friend Becky was waiting for me in her car. 

  "How did it go?" asked Becky, once I hopped into the front passenger seat of her red Nissan and buckled my seat belt on.

   "He-he-he's gone" I weakly replied, before the waterfall of tears began to pour down my face. 

  "Oh Victoria,".

   I felt the warmth of Becky's arms wrap around me as I continued to breakdown. 

  "Do you know what happened to him?" she asked softly.

   I slowly nodded my head. 

  "He was driving home alone one night after a late class from the college when a drunk driver crashed into his vehicle head on and killed him" I sobbed. 

  "You poor thing,".

  My friend hugged me tighter. 

  "I'm sorry that this happened to you. You don't deserve this. And neither did Ben".

   "Now I'll never know why he stopped texting me" I replied, sobbing harder. 

  I thought about that quote I read on my for you page on TikTok while I was riding the elevator up to the eighteenth floor to visit Ben; 

  Our forever was supposed to be longer.

The end

October 2023

Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed my story :)

© 2023 MarvelousM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tragically depressing.

Good read and write.

With love

Matthew

Posted 10 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2023
Last Updated on November 5, 2023
Tags: fiction, fictional characters, short story, sad story, 2023, 2023 story, general, general fiction, random, random stories, romance, sad ending, sad life, sadness, sad short story, so sad, teen fiction

Author

MarvelousM
MarvelousM

Kingston, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello, welcome to my profile! I'm a SHS graduate who likes to write fiction, science fiction, fanfiction and romance stories. In my spare time, I like to read, write, draw and take photos. I hope you .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by MarvelousM